• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PAX Roundup - New Faction, Weapons, Maps and More!

Gladius;n2305026 said:
You have two problems. Cobra and RPG. The thing is that the effective range of the RPG is huge. In an asymetric map tanks would be a sitting duck or generally constrained to a certain area of the map. That would result in a static fire support role like in RO2. That's not what tank warefare is really about. It should be about movement and fire.

Don't get me wrong the anti-tank-infantry role was my main in RO1. I didn't like RO2 so much because the tank/anti-tank thing got so much gimped down. I would be all up for a good combined arms gameplay, I just can't really see that in the bushes of vietnam. That's not tank terrain. And I'm not interested to play a static cannon.

Shoving tanks into current maps is an awful idea in my opinion, if tanks are to be implemented, there's going to have to be new maps along with new infantry anti tank weapons such as the LAW. As for the Cobra and RPG, only the Cobra would be a real threat to tanks. The RPG only fires anti infantry high explosive as of now, which is mostly useless against tanks.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2305031 said:
Shoving tanks into current maps is an awful idea in my opinion, if tanks are to be implemented, there's going to have to be new maps along with new infantry anti tank weapons such as the LAW.
That idea is so absurd that I didn't see anyone suggest that. I already said maps would have to be specifically tailored around that tank and that is exactly what makes it not really worthwhile.

Arisaka99;n2305031 said:
As for the Cobra and RPG, only the Cobra would be a real threat to tanks. The RPG only fires anti infantry high explosive as of now, which is mostly useless against tanks.
You are fantasizing here. The RPG does damage to whatever the game designers want it to. And btw the model of the RPG grenade is that of a HEAT round. "High Explosive Anti Tank". That is a shaped charge for penetrating armor.

Upvote 0
Gladius;n2305047 said:
That idea is so absurd that I didn't see anyone suggest that. I already said maps would have to be specifically tailored around that tank and that is exactly what makes it not really worthwhile.

You are fantasizing here. The RPG does damage to whatever the game designers want it to. And btw the model of the RPG grenade is that of a HEAT round. "High Explosive Anti Tank". That is a shaped charge for penetrating armor.

1) The guy above you literally suggested tanks be put into supremacy maps, on related threads, people want to see tanks on Cu Chi.
2) I mean high explosive rounds won't be as effective, I'm not saying they'll not damage tanks just because.
3) My bad on the HEAT rounds, an RPG-7 would rip a tank apart.
If I were to design a combined arms map, I would probably take away the Cobra and replace the RPG-7 with the RPG-2

Upvote 0
Really looking forward to the Aussies. I hope the Car-15 makes it in as a SL/TL weapon, basic grunts wouldn't have it.

Gladius;n2304808 said:
Tbh, I don't want to sit in a tank when there are RPG's and Cobra's around. Tanks just don't really fit the whole scenario. To make them fit they would need maps specifically tailored for that

Lang Vei. It could easily be a map where the NVA are attacking and the US (Green Berets) are defending. NVA start out the map with 3 or 4 tanks that don't respawn.
Of course you'd have to introduce the LAW to the game or it wouldn't be fair.

Upvote 0