• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Developer Q&A

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
6a57884f4bccd4df947c822f8522b046ccf23acf.png

We're trying out something new! Check out our Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Q&A

Product Director Alan Wilson, Producer Mike Stone and Game Designer Adam Hatch from Tripwire answer a few questions from the community about Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

Use this thread to leave questions you'd like answered and we'll do our best to answer them in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool. As a big big fan of your work, and a veteran Gamer, I think it's a good way to make your excellent games more popular.

Few years ago, I posted a thread like "please Tripwire, do a console version of KF2".
Why? I bought KF2 early access day one. And it rocked. And I thought, this is perfect for console players.

There's a large audience that would buy THAT kind of game.

I received a lot of hate in that thread. Because PC Master Race.

But I bet your decision to go Multiplattform p(l)ays out well.
You are making niche games, but it's that niche where people tend to spend money on.

It all started with Xbox Arcade games. And look at Steam now.
Niche games are outselling the Big ones.

That said, and in relation to your new, bold format, I just know you could have a massive impact on the modern gamer, if you expand that format to the max.

FPS RUSSIA (YouTuber) was no 1 YouTube channel once.

Go ahead and do some Weapononlogy and why you decided to implement it the way you did.

Show us some footage of your daily work.

Shooting at the ranges (for recording).

What is your take on the MG42 etc.

Do some crazy stuff, invite some players to the shooting range and get credit for it on some major gaming sites like RPS or Kotaku.

Release RS2:Vietnam on consoles.

Fix your SFX: AK sounds god awful. Russian M1918 too. Explosions from the grenade launcher sound dull and generic.

I am appreciating your continuous work on the game!
But please look into that stuff.

Love your work!

Kudos to TWI and AMG!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  1. Joystick support, has it been considered as a future update?
  2. Proximity voice support, is it worth the work in implementing it?
  3. Multiplayer campaign mode, will maps be restructured to allow any defending/attacking faction and/or do more maps need to be added for this feature to be considered?
  4. Is there any considerations for a paid cosmetic item/Hat DLC to show support for the game?
  5. Any consideration to implement a new server queue system or matchmaking system?
  6. Would there be consideration for new commander abilities? Such as A-1 Skyraider or mortar/rocket artillery?
  7. TrackIR support is a far fetched idea, but would you consider an alternate free-look camera for helicopters, one that uses the numpad keys instead?
  8. Any new helicopters or variants? Perhaps a Huey Gunship?
  9. Were the legacy cover system and bots not included on launch due to time constraints or are they a move to a different player experience?
  10. Will DShK ever get AA sight version?
  11. If there were to be a consideration for implementing land vehicles, would anything above the APC, such as MBT be considered?
  12. Amphibious vehicles like the PBR, is there even any place in-game for them to be considered?
  13. Rain effects or is that too much work? It is set in a tropical climate after all...
  14. Will the game will only see significant content updates up to 2018?

Reactions: AntleredCormorant
Upvote 0