• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map Variants Beta Update

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    56501c5bcc2690e4634e4df9d58ca500d84b8af8.jpg

Hello Everyone,

While the teams at Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter Games continue to work towards the next major update (1.02) and future content (more on that as we continue to move ahead!), today we have the first iteration of existing map variants to share with you and we want to hear your feedback!

4be90346c0b0d774d7c960cf2dd46ef87ff586d6.jpg

Introducing SU-HueCity, TE-AnLaoValley and TE-SongBe! These map variants not only bring the existing maps to the other game mode they offer new gameplay experiences and new lighting/time of day. PLEASE NOTE: these maps are currently in a BETA state. This means there are known bugs that are present, but we are at a stage where we are ready to provide these maps to you and receive your feedback.

Players can test these maps by joining our official test server located here in Atlanta (Tripwire Official ATL Test Server IP: 64.94.238.82:7787). Server admins can opt into an optional download to brings these maps to their own servers via SteamCMD.

Once you've had an opportunity to test these maps be sure to drop by http://rs2vietnam.com/mapsurvey and let us know your feedback. Keep in mind, you may not see any significant (or any changes) to these maps between now and the 1.02 update which is well under way.

da7cb00335c9e2aba82625dc38f8d16bcee61dc7.jpg

Speaking of update 1.02, we'd like to provide you with just some of the key updates that will soon be coming your way over the next few weeks:
    • Several performance and visual improvements
      • Fixed several gameplay hitch conditions
      • Fixed several cases where audio could drop out or not be played at all. Players of the Supremacy 64 player mode should notice these adjustments the most
    • Weapon Changes
      • Separate sensitivity slider for iron sights and sniper optics
      • Tactical view (default: T) no longer needs to be toggled back to "on" after death
      • Reduced recoil of AK-47 weapons by around 25%
      • Increased suppression caused by machine guns by 33%
      • Reduced weapon sway on the SVD and Mosin sniper rifles
      • Reduced PPSH-41 drum ammo count from 71 to 65 rounds simulating underloading the drum for reliability.
    • Quality of Life
      • Added vehicle-specific keybinds to separate movement keys when playing as infantry vs pilots
      • Added decals to indicate to players exactly where fire damage will occur when napalm has hit, preventing "Invisible Napalm" deaths - if these continue to persist, please continue to report them at our official support forums: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/
      • Added the ability to rotate claymores before planting
      • Added an icon to indicate when the player's gun's muzzle is blocked by cover when aiming over cover
      • The ambush/force deployment audio now only broadcasts to the commander, and players who spawn as a result of the ability
      • Tweaked the volume of footstep sounds to make them more audible
      • Added a toggle sprint option to settings
      • Many objects that were being culled out too soon, have been addressed
    • Easy Anti Cheat Update
      • The EAC team have tracked down the issues that some of the community have reported, such as communication errors between the clients and servers
    • SDK and Workshop Improvements
      • Config and Localization Support
      • Extra files to help modders (such as animation rigs and other assets they may find useful)
      • Ability for modders to create their own uniform options for new factions
    • And much more (9 pages of patch notes on the way!)

As always, scheduled content is subject to movement or other changes.

See you in the jungle!

Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter Games

I tried the "Song Be" map, and I must say WOW!!! The lighting and the intensity of the colors were fantastic! The darker look was a welcome change from the original, and had more of a feeling of being in a jungle setting. The colors were vibrant, and sharper and clearer details throughout the map. The "flamethrower" was a little more detailed and colorful, along with the airstrikes graphics. The characters looked better. All in all, a great upgrade and hopefully can't wait to see this across all the maps. Perhaps some "weather".........like rain........would be a great addition.....? Love it!

Upvote 0
    Raven1986;n2301712 said:
    An Lao spawn protection during Bravo objective battle is ****ed up. Various important areas can not be entered by the NVA and thus Americans can shoot them happily in their flanks and their backs.

This is one of my problems. Don't know is allowed to both teams to cross the river before they have to attack top objective? There have to bi this option disabled, as i see USA are sniping NVA even at spawn location ffs. Also whole maps gives too much freedom to attackers and how far they can go. It is srsly hard to flank when you attack C and have to go downhill. USA are on rice fields, have heli, and up on top hill base sniping.

What should be done? Well put that both teams can only go to middle of the river and not cross it to get on othere side until last sector. And limit USA area on some sectors while maybe give more to attackers. I mean defenders have to defend, its easier. Let attackers flank not from across the river, but all the way on other side.

Also I think defenders spawn on 3rd sector way to close to C or whatever objective it it,(E on supermacy). Simply so close you can defend obj from your spawn location.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Yeah i'm sorry but what the heck are you guys doing with your time? Havent you been reading what we've been saying? The AK is fine, the M14 is still under-powered
    and content is not getting introduced soon enough. We need more weapons and features ASAP. Thank you for your hard work though gentlemen, keep it up.

Upvote 0
    steve2142;n2301820 said:
    Yeah i'm sorry but what the heck are you guys doing with your time? Havent you been reading what we've been saying? The AK is fine, the M14 is still under-powered
    and content is not getting introduced soon enough. We need more weapons and features ASAP. Thank you for your hard work though gentlemen, keep it up.

Sssshhhhh dude some fanboys here might get angry...

2 months for patch 1.02... patch 1.03 would require 4-6 months+ the game stands with 1k concurrent players so who cares anymore ?
    Like i was saying they need to patch the game in increments and not have us w8 months, they give the impression that they don't care even if they actually care.

Upvote 0