• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thank You - And The Road to 1.01

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    21dd731ee8ee06062bae2094984c7a917e7995fa.png

Hello Everyone!

We've been excited to see so many faces running around in game and enjoying it! Thank you from all of us at Tripwire and Antimatter Games for taking a chance on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, we hope it will be a game you enjoy for many years to come.

Now, let us discuss our short term and long term goals. We are still working out our long term support plans and what that means in terms of content over the coming years but we will be updating the Trello Roadmap as we continue to do so. In the short term, we have not only been in game playing with you to see everything you are seeing, but also reading your posts and support tickets, and have started working on fixing many of these issues.

The following is a list of items we are targeting for the first patch, update 1.01. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that we CANNOT guarantee we will fix these items in this patch and it is subject to change (with both additional fixes or the removal of some), but it is our intent to.
    • Prototype rendering system - We briefly talked about this before launch and our engine team has continued to work on this system. We believe we can start fully testing this internally over the next week and if all goes well we hope to include it in the first patch. This system should help move the current performance bottleneck from many computer configurations from their CPU to their GPU.
    • Crash fixes, with the priority on launch crashes
    • Many map collision and geometry fixes. We are trying to fix up as many loose ends here as we can.
    • A condition in which CuChi will not progress past Objective F
    • Black screen that can result while dieing when attempting to leave a helicopter
    • Several weapon animation issues and glitches with specific weapons that have been reported
    • A mantle condition that can cause the player to teleport someplace unexpected (to both them and the other team)
    • Delay in round start after team swap when certain conditions are met
    • Several localization fixes
    • A case where clients and servers can get out of sync
    • Off target napalm strikes
    • Memory leak that could be a major cause of stuttering
    • Vehicle VoIP channel not working properly
    • Spooky gunship attenuation not working properly so it sounds like it is landing next to you
    • Player death screams attenuating too soon making them mostly inaudible
    • And more (and with additional fixes already lining up for 1.02 that we feel won't make it in time for our 1.01 patch).

Items we would love additional community support in helping us track down:
    • Invalid packet errors - we are trying to figure out why this is happening to some users and looking for points of commonality
    • The memory leak listed above which seems to happen on a combination of high end hardware and potentially some software.
    • Hit Registration

And we are continuing to work on or plan solutions to the following issues:
    • DShK users being partially invisible (and a related crash)
    • Server browser/join improvements (to better reflect that players are already joining the game in front of you and that is why the server is full)
    • And others detailed on the Trello Roadmap

f548dac93a19aa21f638075a62488e372e064985.jpg

Reactions: SoFGR1
    good to hear that a patch is already in the works, now about that prototype rendering system, will it help us to cap the framerate from .ini up to say .. 142fps without making the game stutter like a mofo ? as of now I just uncap the framerate and disable texture streaming from the .ini, having the game installed on a ssd helps too .. luckily I run a 4690k @ 4.4 ghz so my minimum framerates are well above 70fps most of the time.

Upvote 0
    Great to see a lot of the persistent issues from the beta waves listed on the trello roadmap as well.

One major issue right now is the FXAA that is currently the only Anti-Aliasing option in the game. It's the cheapest sort of AA originally developed for consoles, which effectively only causes heavy blur.
    Will better AA options (SMAA for example) become a possibility with the new rendering system?

Upvote 0
    yoshiro;n2295797 said:
    prototype rendering system - we briefly talked about this before launch and our engine team has continued to work on this system. We believe we can start fully testing this internally over the next week and if all goes well we hope to include it in the first patch. This system should help move the current performance bottleneck from many computer configurations from their cpu to their gpu.

thank the high heavens finally

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    DonDOOM;n2295901 said:
    One major issue right now is the FXAA that is currently the only Anti-Aliasing option in the game. It's the cheapest sort of AA originally developed for consoles, which effectively only causes heavy blur.
    Will better AA options (SMAA for example) become a possibility with the new rendering system?

^ This.
    FXAA is the reason why people complain about the graphics. But without this blurry AA the game looks really nice!
    I hope that another (real) AA is being considered (although this was also never adapted in RO2).

Upvote 0
    hit detection folks, HIT detection! Properly aiming, firing and hitting without killing your enemy is vile. Even more vile when this enemy becomes aware of you shooting him and returning fire, killing you. This non existent hit detection is a serious game breaker experienced by many players alike. Fix the HIT detection folks.

Upvote 0
    No mention of connection issues that dozens of people are having.

Seriously devs, you HAVE to check your game code. There is some flaw inside of it (and KF2 also) that is causing connection issues.

Personally I can't see some servers and I also can't join a lot of the servers even when they are empty. This is ridiculous and it's something that only happens with KF2 and RS2V.

I sent you a support ticket and it seems like the person responding didn't even bother to read it because it suggested me a fix that I had already tried.

Upvote 0