• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS2:Vietnam GOES INTO ACTION ON MAY 30th, CELEBRATES ANNOUNCEMENT WITH OPEN BETA

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    ROSWELL, GA – May 19, 2017 – Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce today the official release date for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, the sequel to the smash hit Rising Storm, PC Gamer's 2013 "Multiplayer Game of the Year". The game will be available to play at 12:00PM Pacific Time on Tuesday 30th May. Fans who pre-ordered should be able to pre-load before that. The game will also be available to buy via Steam, at a 10% discount for the day, with the Standard Edition available for $24.99 and the Digital Deluxe Edition priced at $29.99 normally.

To celebrate the impending release of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Publisher Tripwire Interactive and developer Antimatter Games are kicking off an Open Beta that begins today and runs until 4:00PM EDT on Monday, May 22nd. This will act just like a Free Weekend - head for the Steam Store page, download and play!

Tripwire Interactive is also including a new "goodie" for Killing Floor 2 PC owners who pre-order or buy the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Digital Deluxe Edition. They will receive four bonus Rising Storm 2: Vietnam themed weapons skins to use in Killing Floor 2 for the PC. Those weapon skins include the RPG-7 rocket launcher, the M16 with M203 grenade launcher attachment, the M1911 automatic pistol and the classic Lever Action Rifle. Note – the weapon skins will be available as part of Killing Floor 2's next major update which will be announced at a later date.

KF2_Skins_DDE_Promo.jpg

Tripwire and Antimatter Games have also created and released a series of tutorial videos for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam that offer up some great insights into the various aspects of gameplay. They can be viewed here.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is currently under development by Antimatter Games and will be published by Tripwire Interactive for PC.

Last edited:
    OOh perfect, I was hoping for some news about the Summer Sideshow today but this is just as good, if not better, to hear. I wasn't a huge fan of the first game but this one looks very interesting. Good opurtunity to try it out! Those Kf2 skins look cool too, and what's this about

Yoshiro;n2294168 said:
    the M1911 automatic pistol
    ?

Is that gun automatic in Rising Storm 2 or something?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Ok I'm confused, if I buy the digital deluxe edition on steam for $22.49 will I get the base game when it comes out? Steam tells me that I won't get an extra copy because I already have one, but that one will go away soon because I'm just playing the free version. I don't want to spend $22.49 on nothing so I'm asking here.

Great game btw I am horrendously bad at (k/d of 12/42 right now) it but it's fun.

Upvote 0