• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Closed Beta Wave 7 Has Ended

Loved this new Beta wave! Massive improvements in optimization and stability and tons of frickin' fun!!! There were a few tweaks and bugs to be weeded out in my my experience though. (11 hours total in beta way 7)

I noticed in Hue City, that objects that provided cover at a distance of around 60 meters would not load in. And you could see enemy characters through the non loaded objects and engage them with ease. I know this is needed to keep the frames above 60 but certain objects i suppose some commonly used objects for cover could be loaded in a bit further away to prevent this. The game still stutters a bit, in Cu Chi, and An Lao, but way less than previous beta builds, and artillery, smoke certain areas of some maps and helicopters bring frames down to 50FPS ( i5 3570k OC to 4.5ghz, 1070FTW). Overall optimization was the biggest improvement and it was so fun playing this game!!!

I was disappointed by the sound of the supersonic bullet crack though, it seems way to silent especially if you're the one getting shot at, you can't actually tell if that bullet was aimed at you. Also long ranged gunfire from the SKS and some AK's don't get played further from 100 meters and you can't hear your enemies gunshot at all, or the supersonic crack of the bullet, when said bullet actually hits you, or the dirt in front of you, nothing happens it just makes a little "puff" sound, nothing alarming or telling of an actual shooter. If Tripwire could add a separate audio selection to adjust supersonic bullet cracks. Also, bullet whizzes are totally unacknowledged in this game, anywhere from 50- 90 meters, bullets flying in your vicinity should sound very similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTT5GFA8r0w a "whizzing" sound, except a bit higher volume to know rounds are being fired in your direction. And when bullets approach 1-15 meters it should be a LOUD supersonic CRACK like you guys have, but MUCH higher volume to have perfect immersion.

That would be very nice if there were more variants to some firearms at higher levels, like the M16, M14, M79, etc(which i think is what you guys are working on but i'll say it anyways) And additions to the selection of playermodel clothes and different skins depending on platoon and regiment. (like day of Infamy)

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for reading this Tripwire! You guys listen to your community like no other developer, and it warms my heart to see additions made to this game, influenced by your players/customers.

Upvote 0
I also enjoyed myself despite a few minor annoyances with certain visuals, mechanics and sounds. Overall it was great fun.

Therefore I also hope I wont have to wait another 14 days before I can play it again, esp. since that's also the amount of time I have to wait on my new motorcycle to arrive, so how the heck am I supposed spend my time up until then? :D

Upvote 0
Just kicked out from the server for the end of the beta (208 hours from wave 3), i'm gonna miss this game! Great improvement on the performance side. I noticed some major bugs and i posted them in the bug report, like the spawn on the US SL at the start of the match. Sometimes i got killed from the gunship when i'm way down on the tunnel in Hue City, the one that starts from B and arrives behind C, I was at the end of the descent that starts near the ammo crate, covering the tunnel, and there isn't a single window or hole there, it happened twice. I noticed a pretty big hole in the environment in the rice field to the left of D in An Lao Valley. The "Friends" button in the server page that doesn't work. Overall you made a great job, just let us know when you plan to do the open beta. Keep up the great job! I hope to see new maps soon after launch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just finished the survey. There wasn't a question about FPS/ or stability, but I had consistent frame rates over 100+ regardless of map, or players in game. I had all setting as maximum. Very impressive.
No question about the "characterizations" in game, but I would like to see less amount of level points required, and a few items, (such a eyeglasses!) be a FNG choice!
Otherwise, great game and can't wait until the Open BETA and the final product releases!
Thank you again for a wonderful game.

Upvote 0
On the Cu Chi map if you get onto the roof top at objective A, and look out toward D and E (which I call the North Vietnamese Space Program -- ha) you can see targets reaching all the way out to F. BUT when you shoot at them the bullets all end up striking an invisible barrier.

This could be a great spot for patient snipers, but the force field ruins this opportunity.

Upvote 0