• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam pre-purchase begins

I purchased my copy this weekend.

This is the first game I've pre-ordered since Diablo 3, and I told myself I would never pre-order a game again after that.

This past weekend I went to buy Lost Castle so my fiancé and I could get down on some fun couch co-op madness, and I didn't realize that somehow Vietnam was in my cart. Needless to say, I was clicking through the confirmation pages quickly, and ended up purchasing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam as well. I wasn't upset by any means, as I intended to pick this up, but I just hadn't planned on doing it so soon, haha.

I'm very excited to say the least, and I think I'll have some friends joining me in this one. Can't wait!

Upvote 0
Vapid;n2292591 said:
This game advertises three helicopters and various infantry weapons, but I have not yet seen any reference to tanks or light vehicles. Any word on these?

I remember seeing a post where they were working on it for a post release inclusion, but no promises were made.
It'd be awesome to have Pattons and an M113 available to us.
The PT76 would be nice, if we had a Lang Vei map.

Upvote 0
dead_man;n2292651 said:
My first pre-order ever (not games only).
Having played Diablo 1 and 2 for a majority of my life, I was severely disappointed with the third iteration. It was a game that was nearly 12 years in the making with gameplay from 12 years previous. Admittedly, pre-ordering Vietnam was an accident, but I planned on purchasing it on the day it dropped, so it doesn't really affect me too much. I just don't want to be one of people who is continuing to allow companies to push pre-orders. Granted, TWI aren't quite the people I'm talking about in that regard at all, as I really respect them as a company. I just want to see pre-ordering die, though I don't think I ever will, haha.

Upvote 0
Tussell;n2292676 said:
Having played Diablo 1 and 2 for a majority of my life, I was severely disappointed with the third iteration. It was a game that was nearly 12 years in the making with gameplay from 12 years previous. Admittedly, pre-ordering Vietnam was an accident, but I planned on purchasing it on the day it dropped, so it doesn't really affect me too much. I just don't want to be one of people who is continuing to allow companies to push pre-orders. Granted, TWI aren't quite the people I'm talking about in that regard at all, as I really respect them as a company. I just want to see pre-ordering die, though I don't think I ever will, haha.
I don't think companies should ever NOT be allowed to let people pre-order/purchase a product as it's completely voluntary on the consumer's part. What people should be doing is actually making the judgement if it's worth pre-ordering something you haven't played yourself yet or not, I think in some cases it's a safe bet you'll enjoy the product based on what you've seen about it(personally I'm more dubious on preordering AAA titles). What I really want to stop seeing is preorder incentives like exclusive in game cosmetics and such, that ends up punishing people who want to wait for reviews after release. Thankfully TWI is simply offering a discount and anything in the DDE will still be available after launch.

And I think we've all been there and made bad purchases, preorder or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0
Jagdwyre;n2292704 said:
I don't think companies should ever NOT be allowed to let people pre-order/purchase a product as it's completely voluntary on the consumer's part. What people should be doing is actually making the judgement if it's worth pre-ordering something you haven't played yourself yet or not, I think in some cases it's a safe bet you'll enjoy the product based on what you've seen about it(personally I'm more dubious on preordering AAA titles). What I really want to stop seeing is preorder incentives like exclusive in game cosmetics and such, that ends up punishing people who want to wait for reviews after release. Thankfully TWI is simply offering a discount and anything in the DDE will still be available after launch.

And I think we've all been there and made bad purchases, preorder or not.
Oh, I certainly agree - that's what I meant by 'pushing' pre-orders. Like I said too - I don't mean TWI when I speak about these issues. I'm 100% talking about AAA titles - though I can complain about non-AAA in that, a lot of people push half-assed early access, though again, not TWI.

Hell, half the games I've ever bought were bad purchases - I'm difficult to please these days.

I have no regrets having 'accidentally' pre-ordered this, as I would have gotten it on the week of its release most likely, regardless of reviews or anything. Now, I've just paid eight dollars less for the same product, so it's fine. :p

Upvote 0
Players and potential players should definitely do what is right for them when it comes to purchasing our games. Our goal (and feel free to help out if you believe in the game!) is to make sure that all potential players that could enjoy the game are aware of it and have the opportunity to purchase it! Our struggle around that is we don't have the marketing reach or ad dollars of the big publishers to back our efforts and to a large degree rely on word of mouth of our players.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2292708 said:
There is a Like button.

Jagdwyre "I don't think companies should ever NOT be allowed to let people pre-order..." I think you got us wrong here. I meant: make a judgement but better try to avoid pre-order, in order to not support this kind of hyping that leads to pre-orders. RS2 being the kind of game that comes closest to what I want to see and play I wanted to support the game development and also to play the beta. These were my reasons. But this should remain one of the few exceptions. I was close to buying Squad, but it does not offer me so much more than Project Reality that it would be worth 35/40 EUR.

Yoshiro You are hitting a niche here and I hope RS2:V will attract a lot of gamers that are not quite happy with Battlefield nor Arma nor Project Reality/Squad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0