• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Refinement Part 1

If you have to have it at all, I'd rather that you simply can't reload. Let the flankers and guys left in the cap be annoying.

With the system now, I eventually ended up just staying in the RSOD once caps fell, because I hated trying to run out only to be shot in the back. Since you were going to die anyway, it was more productive and fun to try to get some kills and stall the enemy advance.

Upvote 0
Everything sounds awesome except for weapon resting. Please no lowering weapon! Noises, supression, but no weapon lowering! It will suck a lot when you will try to fall back from previous positions.

Spawn protection will not lower your weapon or prevent you from fighting if the volume moves to your position. You will still get notifications to fallback. Defending players will have a more positive experience with the spawn protection system when defending from legitimate locations.

Upvote 0
I approve of that death animation.

-------------------------------------

Regarding the new spawn protection mechanic, be sure that the player's weapon isn't lowered instantly. Give some time before it happens. Having your weapon lowered mid-fire because you took one step in the wrong direction would be undesirable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That part about HUD sounds great. Spawn protection changes is something we have to get to play to say if it works or not.

you can test this in INSURGENCY,i think it has the exact same spawn protection mechanic,where the weapon gets lowered into a non fireable state until you leave the spawn protection.

i think it works good there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0