• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Major unannounced nerfs to mosin-nagant and moving close to combatzone border

Since the newest major update or hotfix (can't tell which) after shooting the mosin-nagant it takes significantly longer to ADS or shoot a second shot with it. Why hasn't anything about this been announced in the patch notes? Is this a bug? Why did you change this? Did you think mosin-nagant was OP in a game where everyone can get an automatic rifle? With the current state of things about the games updates players can't event tell what is a bug and what is an intended balance change. Wrong changes get announced and things that do change don't get announced.

Similarly how the combat area border behaves has also been changed. In a previous patch when you exited the combat area you could still shoot for a couple of seconds, but now the moment your toe touches the wrong side of combat area, your weapon does nothing. Do you think this is fair? Do you think this is fun and engaging gameplay?

With the current state of things about the games updates players can't event tell what is a bug and what is an intended balance change. Wrong changes get announced and things that do change don't get announced.
From my experience when I was hosting servers for myself on RS Vietnam (AMG), every single patch they announced 'fixed' unfixed things and didn't tell for other changed things. I quickly stopped hosting servers for myself because I couldn't handle this double dose of annoyance..

Double dose of annoyance because it is the same for KF 2 (TWI), not everything is listed in changelogs from my experience, you magically discover that this or that has been modified/fixed/broken (because modified) one day and can't keep track of what has been done.

I'm not even sure they internally have detailed documentations about changes or simply properly keep track of these things.

Upvote 0
After doing some tests, the mosin nagant behaves differently using different settings. There PROPABLY hasn't been a change to the aforementioned weapon's features. I can't completely verify this, but it's more likely that I happened to have changed settings at the same time that the patch which also broke the combat zone border came.

Anyway, the combat zone bug (feature? it even doesn't happen 100% of the time) IS still a big problem.

@Threule

That's a RO2 feature, not RS2.

Upvote 0