• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another List of bugs and glitches since last patch or so.

starfish trooper

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Hi I've listed a few issues I have experienced since the last update.

Interface:
- Can't access setting menu after the map vote menu overrides it at the end of a game (happened to me once, don't know if it can be reproduced):
basically I was trying to set my audio and the game ended, the map vote interface kicked me out of the setting and after voting I couldn't get back to the settings until the next map loaded.
- If you close the map vote menu without voting, you can't access it anymore ( the map vote button is greyed out)
- Some server still have the 255 vote glitch on Quan Tri ( that might be a server side update)

In Game:
- map/user interface help indicators that remain at random like squad tunnels, SL position markers. but those are not too common and hard to reproduce.
The claymore marker though is one that stays pretty consistently especially after you disarm it, but also if you placed it as a VC and never got it to blow.

Side note:I would suggest the claymore should be treated like the VC sapper land mine to reduce some of the problems linked to it. It shouldn't be dropped upon death so VC can't use it and leave a claymore that they can't detonate because they died before they could detonate it. And placing more claymore than the max allowed should remove the oldest placed. This would eliminate the issue where you have to run back in enemy lines to disarm the claymore that couldn't be detonated after point cap.

- MG visual: The bipods are always deployed when you spawn regardless of how they are actually set. I constantly have to press the switch button to be sure of their setting.
Side note: It be nice to have to double click to position the MG on support or ground instead of the automatic snap onto object that happens. I've had instances of trying to aim at enemy and my aim getting thrown of because of snapping onto the window ledge.

-MAS reloading: The reloading pattern with the MAS are weird to me but I don't know if its a glitch or not:
when shooting more than half the clip ( i.e. 7 bullets), the model reload a strip from the top which are I guess 5 bullets. If you reload again the model replaces the magazine from the bottom but the amount of bullet seem to stay the same ( still a yellow or orange color on the indicator).
This happens pretty much every time with the 1st clip, after that it seems to be fixed, but I have had times where I had more bullets after placing a strip (1 reload animation) than after replacing the magazine (2 reload animation sequence). It seem that the used magazine are prioritized over the full ones.

- DSHK: It seems that the dshk spawn is glitch and the gun doesn't respawn in some circumstances. I am not sure which though, I think it's when you get killed will running with it, but I noticed on Resort for instance, it also didn't respawn after getting killed by a rocket.
When you go to pick it up at the supply spot the message pick up anti air gun shows but the gun is not placed in the inventory
Side note: given how weak the dska are to rocket and minigun, and how slow moving them and setting them, I would suggest putting a shorter cool down timer. Also the spawn point disappear when objectives are captured, which means less availability but the choppers keep on respawning on most maps. And last I wished the positioning was easier on slanted ground (more lenient).

- Jumping the game start: on some maps VC can start the moving before the count down is over if they use their digging tools (pick axe and shovel) on the floor. I don't if it's on all maps but on firebase georgina it happens for sure.

- Throwing consecutive grenades still results in the animation without a throw of the second grenade. It seems there is a disconnection between the rate at which you can spam throwables and the rate at which the animation can be played.

- The slow motion movement ( already mentioned by other in other post) still occur when quickly reloading while prone and standing up, but hitting melee seems to fix it. It's still annoying when you try to dart out of a dicey position.

- Jumping over obstacle sometimes takes 1-3 seconds, the climbing animation happens and than your are placed back before the obstacle. It happens a lot to me in Hue, objective B on the broken wall on the big ground floor room where there is a bar/counter and the staircase.

Map glitches:

- Dong Ha: In the tents between the last two objective their are a few objects ( crates and bed) that can be crouched through). I think one in each of the tents.

- Quan tri (TE): before objective A there is a house on the attacking side with stairs that allows to get on a flat roof. From there attackers can vault onto / into the roof of and adjacent house and shoot through.

-NinhPhu: some ground textures do not load in the city and the last objective ( I think it's concrete)

Other concerns and suggestions:

- Grass rendering when prone: I wish the grass rendering could be excluded for 30 cm ( relative) from viewing position to avoid having a grass blade blade covering 75% of the screen.

- Abuse of ambush deploy: Some skillful VC commander run behind enemy line and hide in the next objective, wait for their team to cap the current objective and ambush deploy as soon as they can which makes it impossible for the defending team to defend that objective. I know it's a very effective strategy and sometime best way to capture hard objectives (Firebase Georgina) but it feels a little bit of a cheese. I don't know how to limit this though.

- Apache Snow and DMZ map balance need to be adjusted.
Apache Snow: I think the distance between the cap points are to short for the pace of RS2, for instance when A and B are captured, as a VC SL I don't have time to place a tunnel US are already capping C. Also places for the tunnels seem very limited and quickly swarmed.
DMZ: the first objective is a meat grinder as it was in RO but with more automatic weapons It need more tickets and time

- Map loading time: this issue might be related to my computer but the loading time for maps for me can take from 10 sec to 6 minutes, and it seems to get worse as maps are loaded. For example in campaign the first couple of maps load in less than a minute but after its gradually increases.

Side Note: the output format .bmp of the bugit function is not compatible with the forum

specs: Dell XPS 15 9560, [email protected], 16gb RAM, SSD, gtx1050

Thank you all for the great game

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
  • VNTE-DongHa-PC-09-00.49.440.txt
    475 bytes · Views: 0
  • VNTE-QuangTri-PC-09-00.45.060.txt
    475 bytes · Views: 1
  • VNTE-QuangTri-PC-09-00.45.320.txt
    477 bytes · Views: 0
  • VNTE-NinhPhu-PC-17-01.15.410.txt
    456 bytes · Views: 0
Agree on most of what was stated above, thanks for writing them down.

Disagree with nerfing the ambush deployment function. It is very effective and hard to use and good use of it should be rewarded as it is.

I've never had issues with map loading times nor have I heard of such problems so I think it is your computer that is to blame for it.

Upvote 0
Another thing I forgot, I don't know if its an intentional change but sometimes grenades and smokes do not replenish at crates. I'm not sure why but I suspect that it happens after an objective was captured and that you have to fill both ammo and throwables, only ammo is picked up.

( I also suspect its my computer but I just wanted to put it out there see if other people experienced the same problems, thanks for your feedback Patu.Kuovi)

Upvote 0