• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scope Magnification Inconsistency

Jagdwyre

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
After the patch I noticed two issues with the scopes. The first one possibly isn't the bug but the second one appears to be an oversight that has been in the game(probably since it's release) but made worse with the recent patch.

The first issue has to do with different and worse field of view looking through virtually every scope in the game after the patch. Despite the scopes having been moved closer to the "eye" they appear to offer even less field of view inside the scope compared to pre-1.3. This is in addition to the obvious fact that peripheral FOV(outside of the scope) was also lessened by way of moving the scope physically closer.
I am unsure is this is a "bug" or simply intended, but I figured I would mention it.

The second issue has to do with the actual magnification of the scopes themselves. In particular the XM21's 3-9x variable power scope. At "3x" it appear closer to something like "5x" as it's more magnified than the PSO on the SVD, which is supposed to be 4x magnification. This difference is even more noticeable when comparing the XM21's scope with the M40's scope, both of which should be the exact same in terms of magnification(3-9x).

Attached are relavent images to the issues mention.

The Mosin images are just an example, similar FOV differences occur on all of the scopes. I will note that the older picture was taken slightly closer to the DSHK at the time compared to the post-1.3 image. But even it still appeared to give better FOV.

All post-1.3 images linked were taken in the exact same location(up against the outer all of the building directly behind the DSHK on the Firing Range).

Attachments

• photo20465.jpg
    photo20465.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo20466.jpg
    photo20466.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo20467.jpg
    photo20467.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo20468.jpg
    photo20468.jpg