• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VOIP Audio Volume reported as low post patch 1.3

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We are aware that many players are reporting that VOIP audio volume being very low after the 1.3 update. Sadly we are not able to replicate this in house at either AMG or Tripwire and we are looking for more information. Can players please let us know the following:
    • OS Version (IE: Windows 7 Home)
    • Audio Hardware (IE: Dedicated audio card or motherboard with built in audio)
    • Headset and/or Speaker hardware model
    • Check the Steam settings for the VOIP audio and show us a screen shot of those settings

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheUndying
    There are a vast amount of players that have this issue. I tried deleting my config folder, changing Steam sound settings, and verifying game files, but the issue persists. I would say this is an urgent issue because it prevents communication in the game (which is a fundamental necessity) and most don't even bother talking in VOIP anymore because they can't hear each other.

Audio Hardware: Asus Sabertooth x99
    Headset: Logitech G633 Steam Settings: They're default. Steam voice chat is clear to others. https://imgur.com/a/j5GBE7p

Upvote 0
    As BloodMalice stated above, this is affecting a lot of players. I've been playing a lot on the 40-1 servers lately, and people are complaining that they can't hear what people are saying over VOIP because the volume is way too low. I am experiencing the exact same issue. It is actually so bad that people are not using VOIP at all at the moment, something which seriously impairs my own and other's enjoyment of the game. This was not a problem prior to the deployment of patch 1.3.

Audio Hardware : USB Sound Blaster HD (SB1240)
    Headset : Bose QC25

Upvote 0