• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[1.3 CTB] Annoying bug on Soldier Customization per classes.

ddongssanda

Oct 19, 2013
This post is in 3 parts, only the first is the 'bug' proper, part 2 is kind-of-a-bug, and part 3 is my suggestion.

1. Pretty often, even if I press 'apply' button, the soldier customization loadout is not saved.

It seems like the probability of this bug is over 30%, occuring once each 3 times of save attempt.

When I choose to go back to main screen, the soldier's outfit is reverted immediately. When I choose another class and later check the edit I did, it is reverted.

This is really annoying because I must check whether my loadout change is properly saved by going back to the main menu.

2. The 'outfit sample' of every classes are holding the same 'default weapon', e.g. XM177 carbine for every US Army classes, not like M60 for machine gunner and M79 for grenadier, etc.

A machine gunner holding M1 garand with his bullet belts on the shoulders is just hilarious.

Each class models should be holding the appropriate weapons.

3. This is an old idea of mine. Perhaps this can be a solution for the part 2.

I need a weapon loadout editor, which edits RORoleInfo.ini and ROWeapon.ini.

Each time a new weapon is added to game or the class weapon loadout gets some tweek, there is no way to learn it unless I really look carefully on the weapon loadout screen in the server, or read the News and Announcements.

I may find an appropriate empty server to freely roam around the classes' weapon settings, but I must remember all the map names to find a server with USMC, AUS Army and ARVN maps.

Soldier customization (ROChar.ini) can be accessed from the main menu, so why not the class weapon loadout?

If this idea is combined with soldier customization menu, then we may also solve the issue of the part 2 of this thread - the soldier models are holding the exact weapon loadout as I designated in the class weapon loadout.