• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game Stuck After Joining Servers

FutaOneeSan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 10, 2019
Recently I have been having a problem with Rising Storm 2 where I cannot play in any servers, whenever I try to connect I get past the loading screen and my game gets stuck on the map view. No UI or players seem to appear on the map, but the foliage moves and I get sound. The only key that does anything is the "~" key, and that just brings up the console. It has been happening regardless of the display, (fullscreen, windowed, and borderless) and resolution (native is 1360x768). It happens on every server regardless of map and ping on the server browser (Average is 70-90). I've tried looking through the forums and in steam discussions but I haven't been able to find a solution that works, so tonight I'll be deleting and re-downloading the game in the hopes that it might work again. I really hope it works because my game is literally unplayable, nothing I've tried works, and It's incredibly frustrating.

Update: So after a while of not playing, and doing whatever solutions I could find on the internet, my game now randomly (and rarely) works. I uninstalled and reinstalled Easy Anti-cheat and that seemed to make it work, but only for one match. Sometimes my game will load in and let me play, other times it won't. Regardless, if I manage to somehow get into a match and play it through, it gets stuck on the map view screen after switching maps. I don't think it's a ping or internet problem, because when I actually do get to play, the game runs just fine, no problems or lag. At this point I am stumped as to what could be wrong, so I'll just occasionally hop on and cross my fingers to see if it'll let me play. If anybody could get back to me with a solution or advice that would be much appreciated, because I'd love to actually play this game again, I just made it to level 65, but I doubt I'll be getting to use my new cosmetics much (or at all) anytime soon.

Last edited:
hi there, have you already found a fix to the problem? im experiencing the same problem. loads my game into the server but UI or loadout screen doesn't seem to show... i did possibly every basic fix procedure like repairing the anti-cheat and verifying caches of the game but it seems no help, i also rarely can join games on some server but most of the time i always get to deal with the problem.

Upvote 0