• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

claymores, DShK and captured objectives

starfish trooper

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
I don't really know if these are bugs, but I experience 2 different issues with claymores and DShk when an objective was captured.
First with claymores: Since they don't disappear when you dye and need to be within a range to trigger them, if you have 2 of your mines deployed and an objective is captured, you can't deploy new ones and can't trigger the ones already deployed.
Maybe removind the claymore like the VC tunnels when objectives are captured would help avoid this isssue?

Second with the DShK: This happened to me only once so it need to be confirmed, I was handling a DShK in Resort behind objective C, and the South troops captured B. As soon as B was capture my screen slowly turned black (slow death) I died and the DShK disappeared. No one was shooting me and I couldn't see the kill feed because of the black screen.

Has it happened to any one else?

starfish trooper;n2327124 said:
First with claymores: Since they don't disappear when you dye and need to be within a range to trigger them, if you have 2 of your mines deployed and an objective is captured, you can't deploy new ones and can't trigger the ones already deployed.
Maybe removind the claymore like the VC tunnels when objectives are captured would help avoid this isssue?

IMO claymores should be either completely removed or disconnected from player upon death. So that after death the player could not detonate the deployed claymores nor see them in the tactical view. This has caused me a lot of trouble and it makes claymores almost useless as their current form.

Upvote 0