• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS stutters

lambo1987

Aug 30, 2018
Hello, Tripwire.

First, let me thank you for the excellent Red Orchestra / Rising Storm series. I've been playing it since 2006 and keep enjoying it today.

Vietnam is really a very cool game, but unforunately I have a FPS problem.

The problem is: the game runs smoothly most of the time, but it also has frequent FPS drops / freezes / stutters. Somedays I have no such problem at all, and somedays it is impossible to play.

It wasn't always like this. When I started playing Vietnam, the game was running without problems.

I don't remember exactly, when it started, probably after the ARVN update, or somewhere between Aussy and ARVN updates.

I've found some similar threads in the Steam and Reddit, but haven't found a solution there.

So, plese help me restore the frame rate. DxDiag file: https://yadi.sk/i/zPzzizBG3ahrdg

We have seen some reports of this and are aware of it. Some users have noticed an increase in memory usage, resulting in stutters, when playing a certain map a second time. Try running with Task Manager set to monitor system performance and let us know if you see a pattern involving any specific map.

There were also recent changes to the Steam backend that might have caused problems - especially using Steam Cloud or Proton since we don't support them yet. There was a driver causing some video problems which was updated near the end of last week, for NVidia cards and an anticheat issue, for some players.

Any additional information will help.

Upvote 0
Interesting, I would have guessed it was due to limits of VRAM, swapping texture for all that jungle foliage. I see that some people think a performance issue is related to the way the engine uses threads, but that shouldn't show up as a CPU spike. You still had plenty of CPU left. Funny thing is, I have a lesser CPU (i5), same RAM and an AMD R9 card with only 3GB of VRAM and I can't make it stutter (at 1920x1080, textures high, antialias low). Have you tried the instanced rendering switch in the new graphics settings?

Upvote 0
I have the same issue with my laptop some days its fine other its stutters after 15 minutes and my frames drop from 90 to 10. I've noticed it happened more when it was hot in my room so i think it's due to thermal throttling of either the gpu and/or the cpu, I don't know anything about your cpu/gpu but it might come from this.

Upvote 0