• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game takes forever to update

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Every time this game updated it takes up to 30 even 40 minutes to update. Now even small 800mb updated and it took me 36 minutes to install while in meantime it even crashed my graphic drivers.

I don't know what is problem here but preallocating takes like 3-4 minutes, downloading and updating takes even less because I have ok internet speed but then at 99% updating is stuck and it takes forever to install. In steam is sayins installing and this lasts for like 30+ minutes.

Once there was like 100mb patch and it took me 23 minutes on install it. I wanted to play short game but nope, game didn't want me to.

I would say it's problem in my PC or Steam but no, all other games update fast and fine(and i have 500 of them on steam). Only game that did something similar was Insurgency Sandstorm which was in pre-alpha state and now RS2 Vietnam.