• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hue City crashes server during C

Taffy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 27, 2018
Five times now while playing Hue City (territories), the server has crashed/timed out while fighting over objective C. I know it's not my end exclusively because checking the browser afterwards reveals the entire player pop was cleared or the server is simply gone. This has happened on various servers so it's not exclusive to one host either.

Foster Parent;n2321892 said:
Anybody have Bugsplat numbers? The team has an active issue on this map and is going through the 'splats.

Wouldn't need to, the fact that it crashes specifically on Charlie Objective implies it's related to the kismet, which in this case would be spawns. Check the spawns for the Charlie Objective. That's where the problem lies. If memory serves correct the ROPlayerStart Actors within one of the enabled ROVolumePlayerStartGroup are the cause of this. Has happened to other maps (custom) in the game. It's the same crash that VNTE-NinhPhu was having on a certain objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cat_in_da_Hat;n2321993 said:
Beskar do you mean "SpawnActor failed because of collision at the spawn location" Seem to get lots of them in the lead up to a crash.

It was either this, some sort of spawn overflow, or a duplicate actor in the same location. I don't know specifically what the issue is however it is related to spawning.

Upvote 0
Cat_in_da_Hat;n2321911 said:
I had sent through a bunch of server bug splat numbers in another thread about server crashes. Some of them would be from Hue City. Not heard anything back about them however.

There is a formal bug and QA has been testing and repro'ing these problems. The team is looking at Hue City now. I saw new notes on the bug this morning.

Reactions: tommy2bar
Upvote 0
Cat_in_da_Hat;n2321911 said:
I had sent through a bunch of server bug splat numbers in another thread about server crashes. Some of them would be from Hue City. Not heard anything back about them however.

Yes, you were referring to them in this topic, which went on the second page already.
https://forums.tripwireinteractive....-bug-report-ab/2320729-regular-server-crashes

Seems dump files are of no help and only bug splat reports are needed?

Hue is a map in question, but not the only one, have seen crashes on many maps. Of course I do not know nor have insights, but this must be a general problem over different - if not all - maps, since the instability got introduced in the recent patches.

Upvote 0