• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS Drops

Truth118

Jun 17, 2017
Since the ARVN update I've been having serious lag spikes in frame rate that come at the most random of times. I'll be at about 60-100fps most of the time, but every several minutes it'll very abruptly drop to 10-20fps for about 20 seconds, then abruptly jump back up again. I might go several minutes without a lag spike but it still makes the game largely unplayable.

My friend's computer is a step down from mine and he can play the game far more smoothly. I'm very jealous.

I've been having this problem for a month now and so far only this game has this problem.

I'm using a gtx 1060 6gb and I've read that the Windows Creator Update might cause some problems with it. I don't know enough about it or even if that's the case for me. I've thought about reverting back to before the Creator Update but that seems like too big a hassle for a problem that it might not even fix.

Same i drop from 60 to 30 randomly, switching windows to task manager seems to fix the issue for me. I do get only 30 frame in the main menu though. And the game gets stuck on the transition screen to the main menu when exiting a server. This is also fixed by switching windows.
I run the game on a dell xps 2017, with a gtx1050, ssd and 2.8-GHz Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU. The game ran at about 90 fps before the update(s).

ps: i just dropped down to 5 fps on cuchi in the rice fields, never happened to me before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0