• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random FPS Drops

Truth118

Jun 17, 2017
The past three weeks or so I've been having terrible fps drops that cause the game to be unplayable. Every 2-5 minutes my frames will dip from 60-100 to 5-20 for about 20 seconds, then very abruptly shoot back up again. Changing the graphic settings and uninstalling and reinstalling the game don't fix the issue.

I usually do have discord up and I can try turning it off before I play, although this wasn't an issue before the ARVN update. I find it really hard to believe that getting a notification in discord would make my fps drop down to 10fps for 30 seconds but you never know. My internet connection is totally fine. Using F3 and typing "stat fps" I can see my frames and can tell exactly when the fps drop occurs and exactly when it ends, cuz it'll shoot up or down about 40fps very abruptly regardless of whats happening in game.

Edit: So I tried playing without Discord on and that didn't have any effect at all. I also went into the NVIDIA control panel and changed a few settings but for some reason after doing that my fps was capped at 60 in game and it didn't prevent lag spikes. It makes it more obvious when a lag spike is occurring because otherwise I'll sit at exactly 60fps and won't budge no matter how much is going on in game.

I'm using a gtx 1060 6gb and it sounds like the Windows 10 Creator Update has caused some issues for people that use it. I could try uninstalling Creator Update but I think that realistically I'm just gonna have to wait for this issue I'm having to disappear as magically as it appeared about a month ago. A couple driver updates later I think its gotten a little bit better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0