• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regular server crashes

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
This has been an issue for a while now, but it has reared its ugly head again in a much higher frequency lately. I dont think it is latest patch related but I am keen to see if it is something at my server end or something else.

I can get a stack of launch logs to someone at TWI / Antimatter but let me know the best course of action.

My server gives me this which might be helpful.

This event has been logged by the BugSplat crash reporting library (http://www.bugsplatsoftware.com) in partnership with your vendor rs2_win. A crash report from the application 'RS2_Server' has been successfully logged into the BugSplat database with id=601169. Please contact your vendor for more information.

Also these crashes seem to bypass the stuff that is supposed to detect a server crash making it ultra annoying. Though I am about to check what is happening with that now as I dont think it is related.

Last edited:
Here is another one. It is from a crash during Hue City which seems to be pretty consistent so players say.

This event has been logged by the BugSplat crash reporting library (http://www.bugsplatsoftware.com) in partnership with your vendor rs2_win. A crash report from the application 'RS2_Server' has been successfully logged into the BugSplat database with id=603664. Please contact your vendor for more information.

Upvote 0
I would like to join this topic as well instead creating a new one.

With the 1.08.x patches, our server is crashing frequently. Usually well visited, it does not last longer than 24 hours under load with players.

At the beginning I suspect the newly introduced beta maps and removed them all, just running the "original ones" from the release, but it did not change the picture at all.

Before 1.08.x the server did easily stay alive couple of days in a row.

Last log entries prior the excutable shutdown seems to be always similar to these kind of entries:

[201487.50] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x10573c07 (filename not found) [in D:\*path to the game*\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x10536577 (filename not found) [in D:\*path to the game*\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]

While these entries repeat a couple times before the file is closed and the server automatically restarted.

Can you guys make any use out of the dump files created?

Upvote 0
I can add that a server I host also have frequent crashes recently since a few patches. I also noticed that in maybe half or more of the crashes, it is on VNTE Hue City map during the crash so server is unstable but even more on that specific map.. I validate, reinstalled and with fresh files still same issues. Server was pretty reliable and stable back a few month for sure, now it is not possible to have a full week without a single crash (and server restarts daily to make sure everything is clean, no memory wasted and so on..). I can't provide any Bug Splat for server but I can gather all future DMP files

Upvote 0