• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Keept Resetting

VayneValerius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 28, 2018
I've been playing RS2 during the Double EXP event, and I hit a new level, only for the next game to put me back to the previous one. Closing to menu after a game also would show the previous level, as if I never leveled up. This happened multiple times in a row, until I restarted the game. I'd hit the level, then next game be back where I was. Rinse and repeat. I lost about 4/5 levels worth of experience because of this.

Do you know if you are playing on a particular server when this occurs? When stats fail to update like this, it is because the submission to Steam has failed for an unknown reason. It seems to occur on an individual basis, because those end of map stat updates are sent in bulk and the vast majority of peoples' do save correctly. We don't know why sometimes individuals fail however, so any information you might have about the circumstances surrounding when it does happen (as opposed to when it does not) would be helpful to us in catching and handling the issue when it occurs.

Upvote 0