• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

having mixed results on machines with bug splat

MrUniverse

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 26, 2017
Girlfriend and i have been long standing RO2 players for a few years, when we finally had the funds to get 2 copys of RS2 vietnam we jumped at the chance.

in this lies an interesting issue, and the steam forums dont seem to be very helpful nor has any other source so i have come here.

i have a 4th generation intel processor and can launch and play the game just fine. no issues, a little stuttery due to framerate but easily playable on low which is fine with me, however my girlfriends machine (a 5th gen i5) is having issues launching into matches. it loads to the menu just fine, can change settings, watch the tutorials and everything, as soon as she tries to join a server, doesnt matter which server it is it crashes when the map finishes loading.

i have tried deleting the entire user content folder for RS2, i have tried verifying all ini files are set as "DEFAULT" tagged (were no non default labeled ini) i have tried forcing the game to run as admin through the desktop shortcut, have tried deleting appcache folder, have tried verifying integrity of game (via steam, both machines run steam) and have had absolutely no luck, even a reset and a update of video drivers and forcing the game to draw upon more then the 4gb of ram it is set at by default and still nothing. is there a fix for this?

my pc specs
core 2 quad q9300
asus p5evm
8gb kingston ram
gtx 650ti gfx on currrent driver
windows 7 ultimate

her pc (laptop)
i5 5200U mobile
gt940m
8gb kingston ram
windows 10 home

seeing as she has far newer hardware and software i dont see why this is an issue for her, we are both so frustrated i tried a prior restore point (before last win 10 update) and still no success, is there a fix for this? shes about to refund her copy just because shes so frustrated with another game purchase through steam (sims 3) and they didnt have enough product keys for all purchasers and out of everything we got each other these 2 games (the sims 3 and rs2) she was looking foreward to the most and cant play either, shes heartbroken... please help me

This is just a guess, but, even though her CPU has a slightly higher CPU mark than your processor, it has 2 cores instead of 4. It can run as 4 virtual cores, but that might be a clue as to why they behave differently. [thinking...]

-------edited to update --------

Oops, my bad. That would not be a problem.
Meanwhile, the issue has been passed along and is being looked at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0