• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Exploit: Able to shoot in an out-of-combat area after entering/exiting a tunnel

petiatil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2017
Hello,

There is a bug (and potential exploit) that allows the US team to fire their weapons in the out-of-combat area if they enter and exit a tunnel. I've made a video clip of this demonstrating the bug on the map Hill 937. The bug is demonstrated in the first 30 seconds, the rest of the video is just me showing how it could easily be exploited in spawn areas around and behind E point.

If the player enters a tunnel in the out-of-combat area, their weapon will automatically swap to their secondary. The player can then manually swap back to their primary weapon and exit the tunnel. Their weapon is then re-enabled and can be used normally, even being able to resupply "behind enemy lines" as it were, being able to exploit the issue indefinitely.

Please note: this bug was originally reported on Steam back in February during the beta period (link), yet it's apparent it wasn't patched out sufficiently.

Please look into it as I've seen players call it "hacking" etc and this only serves to damage the community.

Thank you.

Reactions: shindern