• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Decals not showing up

Wibtown

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2017
So I installed the game a few days ago and everything runs fine, except for a weird bug where I can't see decals of any kind. No blood stains or pools, bullet holes in walls, explosion scorching or anything. I've checked graphics settings, tried a reinstall, and updated my graphics driver and I'm still getting nothing. I find it even stranger that I can play RO2/RS on the same computer and the decals work just fine. It's super frustrating and ruins the immersion for me, especially because I really like the way Tripwire does gore. Anyone have a similar issue or have any suggestions to help me out? Would really appreciate it.

I play on an HP laptop btw with a GeForce GTX 850 M card, and use all medium settings except for high on particle, world, and character detail

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    102.3 KB · Views: 2
Home-> Forum-> Rising Storm 2: Vietnam-> Rising Storm 2: Vietnam-> The Bug Report

Also he has no decals whatsoever from what he says, not even bullet impact on walls, things like that, I think this is not something affected by gore that would be really weird decision to remove decals all together just to remove gore (which include dismemberment and other things actually). I think by default anyway gore is not disabled, as he just installed the game that would be enabled unless he disabled it, in which case he surely would enable it as he wants gore :D

Have a look maybe but that is unlikely that.

I see you have pretty low CPU, but if game starts let say it will not be a problem.. what I see also is that you have Intel HD Graphics, so be sure the game runs ON THE NVIDIA CARD not on that crap Intel HD Graphics chipset.. that is maybe the reason why you have no decals. You maybe have low video settings that removes decals, try to set everything to the highest just for tests and see if it appears then try each setting to see if one removes the decals..

Last edited:
Reactions: Wibtown
Upvote 0
Yeah I know it's definitely not settings related, I tried setting everything to high and still nothing, and yes gore is on :)
as for the cpu I know it's weak but the game runs fine otherwise, I actually get pretty good fps on the med-high settings I use.
And it's definitely using the nvidia gpu, I even tried switching to the integrated chip to see if it might fix it but nope, still 0 decals whatsoever.
Any other suggestions out there?? I'm willing to try anything lol this is really bugging me

Upvote 0
omano;n2310640 said:
Delete folder Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2
Verify game files through Steam

Then try to start the game again it will have all default settings, just don't touch anything and join a game to see.

Gave it a try, I still get nothing man :'(
Messed around with the settings a bunch afterward too, playing with things like resolution and AA but nothing worked.

Tried out the beta testing version too, decals don't work in that either.

I've never had a problem like this in a game before, and I just have no idea how to solve it. Tripwire help me pls :(

Upvote 0