• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crouched Aiming Spasm Attacks

Bob the Hobo

Aug 3, 2017
I have had this bug ever since I started playing in the Beta. Obviously, it's not too often of an occurrence, otherwise I wouldn't have played this long. The bug seemed (at first) to randomly happen whenever aiming down the sights of a weapon (happens with sniper scopes as well, making Marksman roles with this bug pretty much useless).
When aiming, the firearm violently shakes around the screen, either starting out jerking so far as to go off the screen or slowly descending into that state from a normal sight picture. The firearm can still fire accurately toward where the sights WOULD be were the gun not moving all over the place unprovoked, but the lack of steady sights can make for a game-breaking experience.
I have managed to pin it down to happening when either crouched or prone, with the crouched aiming being the most often and worst offender of the two. It doesn't seem to happen when fully upright, but it should also be noted that it does not ALWAYS happen when crouched or prone, just enough to be an annoyance. Standing up stops this behavior and doing any various other things while still crouched or prone seem to "calm" the weapon down, but only for a while until it starts erratically moving again.
This bug also seems to occur on certain surfaces, but I am not able to pinpoint exactly what that entails, only that moving to a different spot stops this problem. Sorry for the wall of text, but I haven't met anyone else in-game who has complained about the same problem nor have I seen this bug reported on this site, so I wanted to be as thorough as possible.
Here are some screen shots of what happens:

Attachments

• photo19007.jpg
    photo19007.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19008.jpg
    photo19008.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19009.jpg
    photo19009.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19010.jpg
    photo19010.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19012.jpg
    photo19012.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah it definitely is wall of text. The first set of pictures are for ants as well.
Spoiler!

Since you're here you might as well state what you've tried and post system spec by way of DxDiag.

I've had guns disappear from my hands, but this is one strange issue your showing here. I'd reckon you'd already tried resting your config and getting a fresh install of the game?

Upvote 0
Bob the Hobo;n2302066 said:
I don't see what my specs would have to do with an odd occurrence like this

I would say so too, but ®omano says otherwise.

omano;n2300742 said:
Computer specs can have direct effects on the game, a few examples in Killing Floor 2 where people with specific hardware were having specific issues. You actually don't know until you find the root cause. It is always good to have them in case you find a pattern, or if in the end you need the computer specs of those affected for any reason dev want.

Upvote 0