• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Artillery Spotting from Loach does not work

In the tutorial, it states the Loach can be used by the commander to set artillery targets. This is very useful for instance on Hill, where it's hard to set a good mark behind the last objective (E).

I tried it today and flew over the hill several times trying to use RMB to set artillery mark, but it didn't stick. The tutorial states you can use the scroll wheel to zoom out like with binoculars, there was no change.

I assume this is a bug, but that not a lot of people actually use this ability so it's not been reported. Tried to do a search but didn't find any previous reports.

That's a clip from the tutorial videos, here is an actual video I play in since you asked:

Scroll to zoom, your hold breath button to zoom (mine is bound to V), fire weapon button (left click) to mark instantly or hold it like you would cook a grenade to show the beam of light.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, it makes things a bit clearer. Although, it states nothing about using the "hold breath" button in the tutorial.

It's not often one gets the chance to actually use this so it will take some time to actually see if I can make it work now.

It also seems kind of silly you *have* to use the hold breath button to be able to mark; the player would expect it to work like it regularly does, i.e. press the command button to bring up the beam and press RMB to mark, regardless of zoomed or holding breath or not. Changing the UI to use LMB to mark from helo also is very inconsistent.

I guess that's something they need to update, but I suspect not a lot of people are using this at all so it wouldn't be a very high priority.

Upvote 0