• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allies not appearing on my mini map

cesar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2017
Hello,

I have searched for anyone describing the issue I have, but have not found any other account, so here I go.

Almost every game I play, certain allies will not show up on my mini map (when pressing "M"), could be a squadmate, the squadleader, or anyone on my team. If I do not see them on my map, they will not show back up until the next game (or next round, not sure). This is very frustrating and has caused me multiple times to kill teammates because I thought I was the only one on a point, or holding towards an area with no friendlies in it for example. I usually play 64 player games, in case this problem is tied to many players being on one server.

My resolution is 1920x1080.

If more information is needed, please ask.

Thank you very much!

Issue with teammate blips not appearing on map at all or just frozen in place from where they where when the last round ended, has more to do with the game rather than any computer specs. I have hardly any pictures of it, a video of it would be even better though.

In this picture some blips are not where they should be, hard to prove unless I can show that there is no player there. But those blips north of Objective A are from the previous round, and no reasonable player would be there. Maybe in future when I get it again I can record the problem. On Hill 937 it is easiest to spot this issue.
UKiCSby.jpg

I noticed similar problem when you go in and out of the character customization menu. Hands & arms disappear for that round and objectives are not visible on the map.
KEYFVRM.jpg

rx1OgCF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cesar
Upvote 0
Computer specs can have direct effects on the game, a few examples in Killing Floor 2 where people with specific hardware were having specific issues. You actually don't know until you find the root cause. It is always good to have them in case you find a pattern, or if in the end you need the computer specs of those affected for any reason dev want.

A good video would be the whole game because a video showing that there is nobody on the map where the map tells you there are team mates is not more useful than screenshots of the problem, I don't think people here will say you're lying if you only show screenshot, the full match maybe a good option to find the trigger of the problem if it is not a general problem in the game itself.

I noticed similar problem when you go in and out of the character customization menu. Hands & arms disappear for that round and objectives are not visible on the map.

How is that similar, I think it is unrelated issue which need its own thread, if you can reproduce this every time.

If I remember correctly they already fixed issue with wrong team mates icons on the map, maybe it is still not fixed.

Reactions: cesar
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the answers guys! Sorry I'm responding only now.

Here are my PC specs:

Windows 10
Z97-G45 MSI Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 (256GB SSD)

Here are my video settings in game and a video example of the bug.

http://i.imgur.com/d6CSPEA.jpg d6CSPEA.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXXMUZaXak

Sorry about those links, I'm trying to get the attachments to work, but I suck at it.

PS: I got the video footage on the first game I played today, I encounter this bug almost every game, if more info/video is needed I'm happy to oblige.

Last edited:
Upvote 0