• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Achievements Bug!

InNeedOfHelp

Jul 15, 2017
So, this really confuses me. I recently verified my game files for RS2 and for some reason it caused my game to bug out with achievements severly.

After verifying my files I hopped onto a server, and as soon as the round ended, all my achievements I had unlocked since I had purchased the game had been re-unlocked when I had already un-locked them. Like basicially simultaneously.

I thought this might've been just a bug, and no big deal, but now the bug has messed up 3-4 time related achievements (Iron Thighs, Prone achievement, The value of not being seen etc.) are not possible to unlock, since it completely bugged out the values to insanely high negative numbers. For example my Iron Thighs achievement says I need '-27564637463' hours left to achieve it. Not only that, it also removed some random achievements I had already unlocked also.

Just giving the heads up, for those people who go after every achievement like me, I'm not 100% sure what triggered this to happen but if anyone knows any solutions or the reason behind this happening or anything, please feel free to leave a comment.

DO NOT verify your game files of RS2 unless it's completely nessasary and you do not want to loose that 100% achievements goal for
the game.

Attachments

• photo18935.jpg
    photo18935.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very sorry for the late response, I have just seen this now.
When viewing my achievements on Steam for the game, it does not show the value/progress, unlike in-game where it does.
Also yes I checked and the three time related achievements all had the same long negative number: "-2147483648/7200"
I also managed to find someone also having the same issue as me since launch, but other than that one person it's rare to see people with this issue.
This is the link to the Steam discussion on this Achievement bug: http://steamcommunity.com/app/418460/discussions/1/2119355556474465519/

Hopefully this can get fixed as soon as possible.

Upvote 0
When this -2147483648 happened, I lost all of my achievements that were unlocked, not just these ''stay prone X amount of time'' but every single one. They were kind of reset.
Also this caused a problem: before the bug, every unlocked achievement would stay unlocked, there was no need to wait for the round/map to end. Now whenever achievement gets unlocked, it gets locked again, if I wont wait for the round to end.

Also achievements with kill count, like: ''Machine gun rookie '', got locked but were unlocked the very second I killed an enemy player with mg after this bug occurred.

Last edited:
Reactions: InNeedOfHelp
Upvote 0
Yes apart from my time achievements being reset and bugged to a negative value, it also reset many of my LMG/Viet kong achievements I had previously unlocked. "The Horror..." (witnessing a Naplam strike on your teammates) was reset along with my LMG achievements.

Seems to be a very complex issue and no one is really sure what triggered it, verifying my files made this bug occur but yeah it is very annoying. Hopefully someone who can help sees this and deals with the issue in the next following patches.

Upvote 0