• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Emissive glow and custom night maps

Nebaka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2015
I creating night map and noticed graphic issues. Some objects glow, if brightness is low (pic 1). The problem is that some materials (M_Gear, M_Gear_twosided, M_Head_Master, M_Foliage_Master_VN, M_VN_MASTER_WEAP, M_RC_Rocks) have too high "еmissive" value.

z2y0fwS.jpg

Nebaka;n2300166 said:
I creating night map and noticed graphic issues. Some objects glow, if brightness is low (pic 1). The problem is that some materials (M_Gear, M_Gear_twosided, M_Head_Master, M_Foliage_Master_VN, M_VN_MASTER_WEAP, M_RC_Rocks) have too high "еmissive" value.

z2y0fwS.jpg

You shouldn't decrease brightness drastically for a nightmap what you do is use blue lighting.

Upvote 0
Nebaka;n2300309 said:
It looks too unrealistic.

Yoshiro;n2298928 said:
We have some thoughts on that front that will make their way into future map content, however experience (and other games) show that players don't actually play real night maps that often. They like very dark blue themed maps.

Until flares and flash lights become reality, I wouldn't want to strain my eyes or have to turn my gamma and brightness up to insane settings.

Upvote 0