• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade launcher damage seems non existent on some surfaces/static meshes

MadTommy

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2008
Hi, Unfortunately my evidence is pretty anecdotal.. but also pretty conclusive for myself.

Splash damage from the grenade on the ground is very effective. However splash damage on certain static meshes seems non existent. I've noticed this especially on the bunkers on the Hill map.. if you have a NVA shooting out of a window you can put numerous grenades through the window that explode inside on the roof or walls and it only ever seems to stunt the shooter to moving or pausing...one of the most useful roles for the grenadier is seemingly bugged.

Has anyone else noticed this or can add some evidence? As a solo player its very hard to build evidence for this.

Thanks Tommy

MadTommy
So the HE shells from grenade launcher appear to do less damage on meshes or BSP?
TLDR; Hitreg issue?

And you mean this bunker?
6laluGf.png

This is more of a suggestions & complaints thread because people keep making these types of threads without much evidence and just typing out their experiences. Yeah, okay, the HE shell didn't kill someone when it should have and the best you can do is to make a video recording of it happening. It would only show that you didn't kill someone. They know weapons have hit registration issues, many people already complain about this thing.

Yoshiro;n2278144 said:
We are investigating reports of weapon "hitreg" issues. Should you have concrete data with reproducible steps, please create a detailed post here in the bug forums with replication steps

There should just be a /hitregistration general/ thread for all these "my weapon doesn't kill someone" issues.

kaptenkrut
Beskar Mando;n2293464 said:
M79
HE 40mm for the M79 in the game have a minimum arming distance of 14m. In real life they had this, not sure if it's the same exact arming distance. Basically what it does is prevents HE spam from close quarters.

They chose to mimic the reality of such weapons, but I guess I would have to agree with the quote that they keep it this way to prevent spamming them up close. RPG can easily be shot up close, but its slower to reload, has less ammo, and chance of killing yourself because a wall was nearby.

Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2300025 said:
MadTommy
TLDR; Hitreg issue?

This is not in the hitreg issue, unless i'm very mistaken. Explosion damage is not affected is the same way a bullet hitreg is.

Yes that is one of the many structures that seem to be affected.

I think there are possibly surfaces/textures that are not correctly 'formed' to give correct damage from grenade launchers (i doubt it's weapon limited).

Kaleun;n2300025 said:
So the HE shells from grenade launcher appear to do less damage on meshes

No damage at all. Only certain objects.

Upvote 0