• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Invisibility And Invulnerability Bug: Confirmation of Glitch

Riktor17

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 8, 2017
I am confirming the reported bug in the other thread: https://forums.tripwireinteractive....ibility-invisibility-exploitable-on-every-map

See youtube video below for a demonstration of this glitch.

There is currently a bug in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam in which a player becomes simultaneously invisible and invincible to enemies. It appears to occur when attempting to vault, however it also appears to have to do with a client's connection to a server.

When in the glitched state, a player:

1) Is entirely invisible to enemy players.
2) Is invulnerable, and cannot be hurt by hostile or friendly fire.
3) Can kill enemy players at will with primary weapon. (Inconclusive if melee attacks can harm hostile players.)
4) Cannot Run, Sprint or Vault over objects.
5) Cannot interact with the world, refill ammo, or capture objectives.
6) Glitch ends upon death of player.
7) Movement of the glitched player is consistent with that of a lagging player or one with a low quality connection.

Where my experience differs from the other report:

1) I had no difficulty seeing hostile players, everything was visible to me as if I were simply playing as a phantom.
2) I experienced the glitch within a capture point, as a result I constantly stuck assisting the capture of that point / defending it, despite being well away from that point. (I ran to point A, after experiencing the glitch at point C. As a result, my player was assisting the capture of C despite my phantom being located at and killing players at A.)
3) The phantom player is still counted as occupying that capture point (and thus can receive offense/defense kill bonuses).

[https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpEkz_1A8s]

Reactions: Smooth Operator
omano;n2299980 said:

OP is aware, he put the link to that thread in the first line of his post, but I guess he also wants to advertise his YouTube video. And don't forget that his experience slightly differs from the other threads report, which justifies another thread.

Riktor17;n2299911 said:
Where my experience differs from the other report:

1) I had no difficulty seeing hostile players, everything was visible to me as if I were simply playing as a phantom.
2) I experienced the glitch within a capture point, as a result I constantly stuck assisting the capture of that point / defending it, despite being well away from that point. (I ran to point A, after experiencing the glitch at point C. As a result, my player was assisting the capture of C despite my phantom being located at and killing players at A.)
3) The phantom player is still counted as occupying that capture point (and thus can receive offense/defense kill bonuses).

He also went through the effort to narrate his video, so you have to give him credit there.

Upvote 0