• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rivatuner and not closing bug

SpartanWarrior

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
First,
I am having issue with getting this game to run with rivatuner enabled to i can track my framerates and do some benchmarking.
What are the settings required to get the game to work with rivatunner. I find it kinda odd that this game can not use it considering its massive popularity (among us who want to see/catch frame rates and benchmark).
I tied manually creating a profile for it, enable/disable stealth, and changing detection level, but regardless the game locks up at the title after like 2 seconds. The only way i can play the game is to completely disable detection to the game (which is NOT COOL).

Second,
I am having a issue (with rivatunner disabled of course, separate issue) that when i close the game, steam remains thinking it is open (even though the process has been terminated, and does not show in task manager) so i have to manually kill steam via the task manager and restart it for it to recognize that rs2 is no longer "open".

Edit (the fixes):

First part (thanks SMC):
  • Application detection level to Medium
  • Stealth mode to on
  • Custom Direct3d support to off
  • On-screen rendering mode to Vector 3d
  • On-screen display coord space to voicepor
Second part:

Still unsolved / no developer support

Last edited:
Kaleun;n2299658 said:
Don't you think this is something you would post on Rivatuner forums? By the way this is the first time I have ever heard of Rivatuner, none of my friends use it either, so its not as popular as you make it seem.

No, usually, it is a game issue more than rivatunner issue as it is just a hook for a dx game.

I edited my comment. popular among us who do framerate catching/viewing.

Upvote 0
Zidious G;n2299703 said:
So if you and your friends haven't heard of a program, it is not popular...?

Where did I say they did not hear of it? They know what it is, I didn't, I don't use it and they don't either.

cronogr;n2299714 said:
Rivatuner was popular back in the day i was using it to unlock my 6800le to ultra :eek: Now it's called msi afterburner it comes bundle with it to track some things :)

Now MSI afterburner, that is a popular name I know because some of my friends used that before, I've never used it but I know what it is and what it does.

Upvote 0
How about something constructive…Nvidia card, as Steam plays up when i first load the game which screws my rivertuner at the same time, i load the game a second time to get Steam overlay to work with it.

Update to latest Afterburner which has new version of Rivertuner 7 Beta 26, I use these settings for Rivertuner, make sure you create a new profile and find the VNGame.exe file, then set:
  • Stealth mode to on
  • On-screen display coord space to voiceport
  • Rest as normal.

Upvote 0
Zidious G;n2299759 said:
Regarding your second issue, I have something similar with Arma 3. Every time I close it, it remains open and I have to kill it in task manager and often it freezes steam as well so I have to restart that to. I think it is something the developers have to fix themselves and Arma 3 is still not fixed lol.

Welp, that is (probobly) true, because it does not happen for ANY other game i play.

Still waiting for at least a developer/community manager or something to make a comment on this issue and provide some support for the game i just bought (specifically for my game not closing issue) .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
smc;n2299824 said:
How about something constructive…Nvidia card, as Steam plays up when i first load the game which screws my rivertuner at the same time, i load the game a second time to get Steam overlay to work with it.

Update to latest Afterburner which has new version of Rivertuner 7 Beta 26, I use these settings for Rivertuner, make sure you create a new profile and find the VNGame.exe file, then set:
  • Stealth mode to on
  • On-screen display coord space to voiceport
  • Rest as normal.

THANK YOU!
I already had afterburner/rivatuner updated to newest version before I even posted this discussion, but your settings combination worked.
I now heave steam+rivatunner working in rs2.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0