• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VOIP problem

Toxtith

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2017
I cannot chat in-game. When I press the "cap lock" button I get the level meter in the right hand corner or the screen, and the need moves to my voice, but I don't see my game name on the right indicating I'm transmitting and no one can hear me. I have configured my microphone in windows and steam and it works with other steam games. Any help?

You never see your own name when broadcasting, only indication of you broadcasting is the VU meter on the right side of the screen. Names of others speaking appear on the left. Take this video from RO2 as example:
Spoiler!

But back to your problem, I know of some old game I played the microphone volume would be set to 0/muted by the game when it launched. Check when the game is running is the microphone levels unmuted?
Levels.png

Otherwise I guess your problem is on of those unsolvable ones that people made back in open beta, you having the wrong key binding, or wrong device selected in steam microphone setting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0