• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unable to close map

Zidious G

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Sweden
I noticed a small bug recently. Sometimes the map bugs out and can not be closed. I set my map button to my mouse since I check it very often and when it gets bugged I have to reset it to the M button. Otherwise I have to press "escape" and then "resume" to close the map. I tried resetting back to the mouse after M button but it didn't work. Have to restart the game to fix it. I think it might happen when you check the scoreboard (tab) at the same time, but I am not sure of this.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, easiest thing to try is to delete the Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2 stuff. I've had interface problems where my mouse wouldn't interact in one instance and that fixed it. Usually though if there is a problem with something related to the mouse its the mouse drivers, do you use any fancy mouse software that lets you calibrate it/bind functions?

Upvote 0
Zidious G;n2299167 said:
No fancy stuff, same as always. Works in every game. It's probably just a bug.

I can confirm i have the map on a button on my mouse too, the map sometimes stucks and the only solution is to press ESC. This is not happening because u changed the map button to ur mouse this is a bug and u can reproduce it easily even if u have the button on the mouse or keyboard doesn't matter. I'm too bored to get into the details of how u can reproduce it since i'm fed up with the game

Upvote 0
cronogr;n2299213 said:
This is not happening because u changed the map button to ur mouse

Well if you have one of those mouse profiles for a mouse that can do this feature, you can assign those other mouse buttons to a keyboard key such as M.
Pge0it6.png

It's a temporary work around, maybe?

I tested what you did and bound the map overview to a button on my mouse, but I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe it needs to be over a longer period of time or a few map changes.

Upvote 0