• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Song Be Super Strong Plants

pcman312

Jun 23, 2017
I was just playing on Song Be as a transport pilot and came in for a landing in the river south of Echo. I ended up landing on one of the small groves of plants that stand around 8-10 feet tall that are along the river bank. However, the collision model seems to treat these plants like a large rock, at least to the helicopters. You can see what ended up happening to my helicopter when I landed:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954766071

This seems like a very unusual property of these plants, unless somehow they are growing with titanium stalks. I feel like the collision model for these should be updated so that hueys can land on top of them instead of crashing into them.

First of all this is not a bug, and the "plants" your Huey landed on act like any other static meshes in the game. I don't know what you expect, that they be elastic and bend or flex like real plants, but these are just props for decoration and don't act otherwise. If they posed a game balance issue to a landing zone, then LD would remove it like they did on An Lao. No blockingvolume is placed there either, that just the nature of that mesh. Sure its an ugly cone sticking out of it, but its kept simple, you don't put collision areas on all branches of the plant. I'd just cut the top off and leave the base if I did it.
rIAUULK.jpg

In the future you should press F3 and entered command "bugit", that would help others locate what you're looking at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply and screenshot. I figured that the mesh was set up along those lines. My question is should those plants be collidable? If they were real world plants, they would do as you say and bend or crack with minimal effort from a landing huey. Obviously though that isn't an option in game. I think that they should be made so hueys can land in the river bed without getting so seriously caught on what would be considered trivial in the real world. It's just my opinion of course, and it's not technically a bug but rather a request.

Upvote 0
You can certainly change the collision properties of the mesh so that it does things like either only blocks weapons or can block nothing at all.
g3lYEqz.jpg

Spoiler!

They should just make the river bed wider with more room to land, all the maps are pretty small and constrained to a point where you'd question why there are even Huey's if they can only land them in 1 or 2 places without- Oh, well maybe pilots should land further away near the edge of the map, but then the players complain the pilot is making them run further to their objective than they would from spawn.

Still, they do have a sub-section for Ideas and Suggestions where you could ask there. I even got some of my own, but that place is just spammed to hell with wild ideas and things that repeat without end. They don't read those, and if they do they only get to a small percentage of them. To get attention you'd need to go do something on Reddit or Twitter these days.

Upvote 0