• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Overlay

jon13700

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 8, 2017
First off, the Steam overlay does not work in this game anymore. I did for a while and now it does not. Anyway, the major bug that has started the past week or so for me is that without even trying to use the overlay, it will randomly open in game and then I cannot get it to close and have to exit the game and restart. It happens every time I play now, whether its two hours into a game or two minutes.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!

We have very little control over the Steam overlay. That's tapping into our game all on its own - all we can really control is where to put the popups and whether to allow it or block it outright.

If it opens and you're unable to close if with the shortcut keys, are you instead able to use the mouse to click the "Click here to close" text that sits in the upper-centre of the screen? I have had problems in the past, usually when running multiple simultaneous clients, where I've had the overlay ignore key shortcuts, but it always accepts the mouse click on the close link.

I also don't know what keys you use for the overlay, but I changed mine away from Shift + Tab a long time ago because in this game I found myself constantly opening the overlay accidentally. I'm not saying that is what's happening to you, but it might be worth testing at the very least.

Upvote 0
I can recall that shift & tabbing sometimes did not bring up the overlay at all, and as you say it would be an hour or two running the game. It doesn't bother me as I don't make use of of steam overlay much, and I haven't encountered the problem that often.

But I think the reason for this could be because of alt & tabbing. I do frequently alt & tab or windowskey & D, and this sometimes causes my cursor to still act as if it were on desktop but has the game cursor underneath. And when I click while this is happening, my game is minimized and the cursor just brings up whatever window/desktop is underneath it. To fix it I just press F11 to go in and out of windowed mode a few times, and it does the job. (I play full screen normally)

This video shows what happens, when I click it takes me to desktop and it pauses recording. But sometimes the game won't recognize me shift & tabbing as well.

Maybe something to do with the game window?

Last edited:
Upvote 0