• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Duping XP

Is it not just using a private server with your friends/clan to grind out free XP?

If so, then its the same thing some people do on Red Orchestra 2 (but with bots). You can't really stop them from doing that I guess, but does it really matter in this game? I mean you can only unlock cosmetics for characters, unlike weapons in RO2.

Upvote 0
Floyd;n2296302 said:
dupe their XP.
Apparently it's easier than you think, just throwing down a couple of objectives on a custom map does all the work. Kind of silly that the devs missed something as big as this before releasing the game. Recently some people began to host public servers for this kind of stuff. Don't be surprised by all the new 99's you will see in the near future.

uROTtb0.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really like the ranks but if people are just abusing it like this then ranks are going to be worthless. I would rather feel like I've earnt my rolled up sleeves, but this is ridiculous,making my grind for it all almost seem worthless.Except my own personal satisfaction of having done it the right way.64hours on and rank 29.i will continue to accumulate points by squad and team play and generally killing point abusing level 90s to my great satisfaction.

Upvote 0
It's just a matter of ego and pride, most of u can't stand a 10hour nab reaching already 99lvl, while some of us have already invested over 200-500hours on this game. In the end of the day it doesn't really matter the cosmetic stuff are worthless and the noob will be always noob 99lvl or not...
Anyway it's a game of 2k players at most who really cares ? Let the kids be happy

Upvote 0
The rarity of the Stetson hat and Non La are what makes 99'ing attractive. When these people climb to the top and the thrill of obtaining these items wears off, then what? If they truly play for the sake of game play and not getting to the next level, they will stick around longer.

As you say noob will always be noob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2300763 said:
The rarity of the Stetson hat and Non La are what makes 99'ing attractive. When these people climb to the top and the thrill of obtaining these items wears off, then what? If they truly play for the sake of game play and not getting to the next level, they will stick around longer.

As you say noob will always be noob.

Yeah ok the level system if it wasn't compromised would have made some gamers to stay longer in rs1.
Fact is that the game is not so attractive... level system or not, most of the players on rs1 currently have at most 20-30hours.
In my humble opinion the game is already somewhat dead, with almost 2k people online u can't say that it will have a great future ... this exploitation of the level system will result on more noobs leaving the game early for the reason u mentioned.

Upvote 0
You're a new jack here obviously. I ear that since Red Orchestra Ostfront "game is dead" "nobody is playing anymore" and so on... and this all the time, years after years, for RO1, RO2, RS1, and now RS2. The "Game is Dead Church" seems to not be dead yet though, even when it failed to predict anything since all these years.....

See you in a few years then :)

Edit: and by the way your numbers are wrong, you're talking about the concurrent players, the number of players playing at the same time, not the number of players who play in one day... so you can't say there's only 2000 people playing the game when this number is surely closest to 100000 or maybe 200000 in the good days.

Only point I agree with is that yeah game is not so attractive when you realize you only have 3 TE maps playable on 64 servers.... I'm personally waiting for more content to play it again because I'm already bored, but that doesn't make the game "dead".. especially a AMG/TWI game, you can be sure it will live for years, yes YEARS with an S like all other AMG/TWI games where devs pushed content through many years after release.. you would know it if you did not enter this prophetic church of "game is dead" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0