• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance Information Gathering Thread

CPU: Xeon X3440(i7 860) 3.3GHz
GPU: GTX 1050ti 4GB
RAM: 8GB of 1333Hz DDR3
HDD: 128GB SSD
Graphical Settings: Ultra(or low) 900p

CPU bottleneck(singlcore perfomance), 1 core - 97 - 100%(helicopter, arty or just runnig). Drop fps and stuttering.

Screenshots
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
smgunsftw;n2295549 said:
Hey Serpico, I've got a similar build. Can you do me a favour and check the CPU usage per logical processor in task manager while in a full multiplayer game? I want to confirm if it's a common problem among 3770k users.

I saw a cpu usate under the 50% and one core at 100% others under 25 and one using 7%.
GPU usage under 50° temp and usage under 40%.
Fps during the beginning of the game are around 130. At the end of the match are 20.
Like i said in other posts this game is really broken! Is totally unplayable!

Upvote 0
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Graphical Settings: Ultra, tried on lower.
RAM: 16gb DDR3
HDD: 447GB SanDisk Ultra II

Getting the same FPS drops and stuttering, doesn't matter which map though it's worse on some than it is on others. The game is playable right now, but it could be much, much better. Looks worse than Battlefield 1 and runs about twice as bad overall. Good game regardless, I just hope this issue is fixed either with a patch to the game or a driver update. Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more posts about this issue in this thread or otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is only one solution to achieve better performance but don't think for a moment that we talk about buttery smooth.
To reduce stuttering / hickups and to achieve max fps u will need to max out the gpu usage but dont overexceed it and forget about the cpu usage completely.
In my case i used msi afterburner + afterburner server + afterburner on android monitoring my gpu usage and configuring the settings that i like, i achieved max usage and the game was smoother and my fps increased. I did so on ro2 and it works the same for rs2 ... same settings too ...
It's a hassle i know but i spend countless hours trying every possible solution on the net non worked for me.
If u care enough try what i mentioned before but like i told u it will improve but it wont play like cs go or cod or bf it will still have some issues but at least will be playable

ps. it's funny that when u play on low settings the game has significant worse fps cause it takes all the load from the gpu and instead gives it on the cpu

That's why there is performance differences between identical systems

Upvote 0
Just for comparison purposes only:
I have not experienced any of the stuttering/hiccups. The game runs well.

Win 10 Pro
Intel 2500k @ 3.3Ghz
16Gb ram
Game files are installed on a 450(?)GB Samsung SSD 850 Pro
O/S files on 750GB WD HDD
NVidia GTX 970 (not overclocked)
Driver version 382.05
1920x1080

On a simulator I frequent, there appear to be the same issues as seen here for players with high performance rigs. Stuttering/hiccups, poor fps. In those forums, some are saying that disabling superfetch has cured the problem for them. However, no one can come up with a logical explanation as to why superfetch would affect performance. There has also been talk of SSD models/drivers/software, but I don't recall the specifics. Others talk about the cpu trying to thread the simulator when it gets loaded. Good luck, Tripwire!

Upvote 0
Floyd;n2296241 said:
Just for comparison purposes only:
I have not experienced any of the stuttering/hiccups. The game runs well.

Win 10 Pro
Intel 2500k @ 3.3Ghz
16Gb ram
Game files are installed on a 450(?)GB Samsung SSD 850 Pro
O/S files on 750GB WD HDD
NVidia GTX 970 (not overclocked)
Driver version 382.05
1920x1080

On a simulator I frequent, there appear to be the same issues as seen here for players with high performance rigs. Stuttering/hiccups, poor fps. In those forums, some are saying that disabling superfetch has cured the problem for them. However, no one can come up with a logical explanation as to why superfetch would affect performance. There has also been talk of SSD models/drivers/software, but I don't recall the specifics. Others talk about the cpu trying to thread the simulator when it gets loaded. Good luck, Tripwire!

You never had a significant problem cause u never tried to play with low settings... but if u played ro2 it's absolutely the same... There was never a problem outside of the game, it's the game itself all the solutions on the forums/net were wrong CPU bottleneck was the case

They confirmed that it is a CPU bottleneck fix incoming with next patch
  • Prototype rendering system - We briefly talked about this before launch and our engine team has continued to work on this system. We believe we can start fully testing this internally over the next week and if all goes well we hope to include it in the first patch. This system should help move the current performance bottleneck from many computer configurations from their CPU to their GPU.

Upvote 0
cronogr;n2296247 said:
You never had a significant problem cause u never tried to play with low settings... but if u played ro2 it's absolutely the same... There was never a problem outside of the game, it's the game itself all the solutions on the forums/net were wrong CPU bottleneck was the case

They confirmed that it is a CPU bottleneck fix incoming with next patch
  • Prototype rendering system - We briefly talked about this before launch and our engine team has continued to work on this system. We believe we can start fully testing this internally over the next week and if all goes well we hope to include it in the first patch. This system should help move the current performance bottleneck from many computer configurations from their CPU to their GPU.

Not to derail this thread, but I don't understand what you're saying. Why would:
Code:
Exact Hardware:
CPU: Ryzen 1700 @3.7ghz
RAM: 32gb DDR4
GPU: GTX 1070
want to run this game on low settings? My assumption was that he was having issues playing the game with default settings. I thought most here (with the exception of the obvious lower performing pc's) had well endowed PC's.

Upvote 0
Floyd;n2296254 said:
Not to derail this thread, but I don't understand what you're saying. Why would:
Code:
Exact Hardware:
want to run this game on low settings? My assumption was that he was having issues playing the game with default settings. I thought most here (with the exception of the obvious lower performing pc's) had well endowed PC's.

It's not just low settings that produce this kind of problem this guy had everything on ultra this load on the gpu has the same affect... anyway as u see they confirmed that this is a CPU bottleneck it was on ro2 it is on rs1 so what's ur point ? They clearly conrfimed the problem ...

edit : check what i said here https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...23#post2296223

This guy u mentioned he doesn't utilise the gpu at 100% it's only when u reach 100% gpu usage that the game plays as it should.
Low medium ultra doesn't really matter i have confirmed it on 3 different setups u can try it too if u want im pretty sure about it !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Floyd;n2296254 said:
Code:
Exact Hardware:

Yeah that was my post. I was simply indicating that regardless of what setting my game is on (low/high/ultra/whatever) the game still runs poorly. I've tweaked some settings and gotten decent performance now. For anyone reading who is having similar problems, this worked for me:

Turn AA off (of course)
Turn post-processing down to low. In my experience, this actually had a greater effect than any other setting I experimented with. I'm not sure why.
If necessary, turn shadows/lighting down as well.
Turn framerate smoothing off, leave vsync on (depending on your specs, whether or not you exceed 60fps when the game is running OK)

As has been posted in the steam forums, there are also some changes you can make to your config.ini file. Go to: C:\Users\**your name**\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Config and open "ROengine.ini" with notepad. You are then going to want to ctrl+f and find the "bUseTextureStreaming" line. Change "true" to "false."

Then, you are going to want to find the "poolsize" setting. Be careful, as there are more than one "poolsize" lines. The one you will be looking for will be under "texture streaming" (yes, despite this being turned off in the settings I still had some performance gains through this step.) It will be set at some value, mine was 0. Whatever value you type in (to my understanding) will be the amount of vram dedicated to this (in megabytes.) I would start at 1000 and make your way up. I have had considerable success at 4000, and recently have bumped it up to 6000 without issue.

By doing so, I get 45-60fps (still well below what they should be...) and am able to enjoy the game.

I truly hope that this is but a temporary solution, and the devs find ways to better utilize our hardware. We're counting on you!

Upvote 0
Floyd;n2296573 said:
Have you tried (and can you with the Ryzen?) turn off hyperthreading and try that just for curiosity sake?

I have not tried yet. I doubt it will improve performance much, as Microsoft released a patch improving SMT and everything is where it should be. If I remember I'll give it a shot tonight and let everyone know.

In other news, nvidia just released a new driver. Maybe some performance increases are coming along with that?

Upvote 0
All right, so I very much doubt this will have been the FPS drop/stuttering issue for others, but I fixed mine. I noticed the other day in CPU-Z that my DRAM Frequency was low and set to single channel instead of dual (I have dual channel DDR3 16gb @ 2400). Apparently, my RAM was in the wrong slot, as I had it in the 1st and 2nd slot, but tried the 2nd and 4th slots. I also had to set the speed profile in the BIOS to a frequency of 2400.

I feel incredibly dumb that I didn't catch this months ago, but, it has worked wonders for me. Massive improvement overall. Like I said, I highly doubt this might be the case for other people on here, but you never know. Always a good idea to check CPU-Z and make sure your hardware is running as it should.

Upvote 0
From the ro2 days none has ever manage to solve the performance issues once and for all, too many suggestions on the intenret, yet still the gamers affected are high. Some people don't complain and play with crappy fps, some others try to fix them, and the rest abandon the game.
Thing is that even people with great setups experience problems and the culprit was always the game nothing else. Try whatever, nothing will give u the performance of other fps games.

Upvote 0
Performance is absolutely horrible

Unfortunately, I still got massive stuttering on all maps. Cu chi is alright, runs pretty decent but all the others are really bad. I tried setting everything to low or off and it had no effect at all. On lowest settings I had around 140 fps but it still felt like a 90's slideshow. Is it my Windows 7 or something? Too many objects for my CPU?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0