• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance Information Gathering Thread

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    I've created this thread to give users a centralized location to give us info about perf issues. We've noted that some users are reporting frameloss or lower than expected performance across the board where similar or exact same hardware is not.

If you can provide the following information it may help:

Exact Hardware (CPU, GPU, Ram amount):
    Graphical Settings:
    Map specific if applicable:
    Situation specific if applicable (example: during artillery strikes):
    Security software:
    Location specific if applicable (example: where in a map this happens):

Last edited:
    Reactions: Battle8111
    CPU: i7 6700K 4.0Ghz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 8 Gigs FTW
    RAM: 16 Gigs DDR4 3200
    SSD: 950 Pro Samsung 512 Gigs

Their is really nothing Specific its just I max out at 40fps throughout the whole game, even in the loadout screen, but when I get near another player, in intense action, or artillery strikes my FPS drops down to 10 FPS. Napalm Strikes... forget about it, I just sit there for 5 seconds because I can't move. Been reading all the forums with performance issue and seems people with a 1070 and 1080 cards Nvidia cards are having a problem while somebody that has a 980 is running everything on MAX with really awesome FPS.

Steam Discussion Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/418460...scn=1494606070

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Exact Hardware (CPU, GPU, Ram amount): i7 6700K OC @ 4.5GHz. GTX 970, 16GB RAM, Game running on an SSD.
    Graphical Settings: Game defaults to Ultra but i have different things on High and medium (nothing is on ultra)
    Map specific if applicable: N/A
    Situation specific if applicable (example: during artillery strikes): Every Map low fps. Going around 20fps to 50fps
    Security software: Malwarebytes Premium
    Location specific if applicable (example: where in a map this happens): Every Map low fps. If i go to the controls in the options menu i also drop from around 100fps on the menu to 20fps.

Would like to add, that i have played since wave 3 of the beta and this is the first time its been unplayable :(

EDIT: The game never uses more than 40% of my GPU at any time and sometimes fails to even apply the 3d clocks to my gfx card and it will sit at 899mhz on the core rather than around 1500mhz.

if you set the game to "Use maximum performance" in the Nvidia drivers, under power settings, i still have the same issue.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Exact Hardware:
    CPU: Ryzen 1700 @3.7ghz
    RAM: 32gb DDR4
    GPU: GTX 1070

Graphical Settings: Everything on ultra with the exception of foliage and shadows (high). AA off. Vsync off.
    Map specific if applicable: All maps.
    Situation specific if applicable: Smoke effects and artillery strikes most of the time. Foliage with lots of shadows is also the chief culprit.
    Security software: Windows Defender
    Location specific if applicable: Everywhere, particularly in heavily forested sections.

General notes:
    Overall, FPS seems to max out at 45fps, dipping often to 20-30.
    This is my first foray into the beta so I cannot give a comparison between this build's performance and earlier ones. I thought at first that poor performance may be indicative of instability with my OC, however I ran AIDA64 overnight (8hrs) and everything was fine.

I then suspected that it may have something to do with my GPU. On another screen I ran GPUZ while I played, and I found that the game was not taking full advantage of my GPU. Where my 1070 usually ramps up to 2000mhz in-game (factory OC, so instability is most likely not the culprit), it was only reaching 1007mhz. With the exception of loading to and from menus, or rare moments in game, the frequency seldom left this point. Occasionally it would hit 1435mhz, but only for a short while.

Like the user above, I'm finding that the game does not fully utilize my GPU as well. I'm assuming that the game also does not take advantage of more than a few CPU threads, however that does not seem like something which would be fixable by release.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    CPU: i7 3770K 3.7Ghz
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8 Gigs
    RAM: 16 Gigs DDR3 1666
    SSD: Samsung 512 Gigs

Graphical Settings: Everything on ultra, no motionblur, AA and vsync.
    Situation specific if applicable: Not a real one, when this happen i have to close the game and reboot it. I thought that it's my GPU or CPU but i can run GTA V or Squad for hours without problem with max settings, so i think that it's not related.
    Location specific if applicable: Everywhere, not always in the same place also and the same game.

General notes:
    Overall, FPS seems to max out at 100fps, dropping to 20 after a couple of games.

I tried to change the setting on low or mid or high insted of ultra, nothing changed.
    Also tried to play without sound, nothing changed.
    I have the same problem with headset and with speakers.

PS I want to attach 3 photos tooked 5 minutes ago in Hue map. I really can't play this game! is terrible and I have already bought the game!

http://imgur.com/a/MzvS3

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    CPU: i7 5820k
    GPU:Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti, latest nvidia drivers
    RAM: 32 Gigs DDR4 2133
    HDD: 7200 rpm
    Graphical Settings: Ultra with shadows on medium and vsync off framerate smoothing off 1080p
    Security software:Bit defender

Fps seems rather low(sometimes stays aroung the 45fps mark for a while, fluctates wildly. I was looking at my system utilities and noticed my GPU was at around 40% but my cpu was only using 1 core. not sure if this is a bug or the game only uses one core.

Upvote 0
    CPU: I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070FTW
    RAM: 16gb ddr3
    SSD: 450gb
    Graphical Settings: Ultra, Vysnc Off, 1080p

SONG BE, at the start of marine/army spawn, fps is down to 40 frames. At any time in a game specifically An Lao, (64 man and even 30 man) when you spawn into the first marine/army spawn the framerate goes well below 50 for some reason, i assume because it's overlooking the massive map and where all the action is happening, but it still occurs in 20 man servers. This is right in the beginning where you can see a small village and a main road going through the village with APC's an Willy Jeeps laying around. Hope i described it decent enough!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    cpu:i7 990x @ 3.4+
    gpu:asus gtx 770
    ram: patriot triple channel 12 gb @ 1600ghz
    ssd: ocz vertex 2 223 gb

i get weird fluctuations in fps on all maps with different settings. everything set to low gets me 30 fps but everything on ultra gets me 60+ to 100 fps. latest beta runs worse then last.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    CPU: 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory
    RAM: 8GB (two 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
    HDD: 1TB Fusion Drive
    Graphical Settings: High with Vsync, Bloom, and Framerate smoothing disabled

The game is currently unplayable due to catastrophic FPS drops. The game normally runs on 60+ even on ultra settings but then it plummets to the low single digits and turns into an unplayable slideshow randomly on all maps and whether action is going on or not. There is also weird texture and color flickering with blue, yellow, and pink popping in and out all through the map and sky. Changing settings doesn't fix anything. Resolutions will also be changed randomly and the game will prevent my mouse from moving outside of an invisible box. I have no idea why a game that is 1 week away from release is running this poorly.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    CPU: i7 4790k 5.0
    GPU: SLI GTX 980 ti's
    RAM: 21 Gigs DDR3 1600
    SSD: samsung 840 evo raid 0

every map i play i get some sort of odd frame drop/stuttering. mainly this becomes an annoyance when engaging targets up close as the sudden frame loss causes knee jerk reactions to otherwise competent play. SLI has been forced to be enabled and this may be the problem. that being said im seeing 70-80% gpu utilization and 70% vram usage. we need compat bits for sli from nvidia before performance will jump.

Upvote 0
    Asus N75SF

CPU I7 2630QM 2.0MHz
    RAM 6 Gb
    GPU NVidia GForce 655M 2Gb RAM
    HDD 2x750 Gb
    Graphical setting 1280x768 low

game have serious memory leak that lead to severe droping in FPS and latency. Leaving server and squitting game can take up to 6 minutes to 8 minutes.
    I play with Steam
    latency and FPS drop occured often at close combat with opponent or sometimes just with teammate appearence.

Upvote 0
    Exact Hardware (CPU, GPU, Ram amount): i7-6700k, 16gb ddr4, GTX 1070
    Graphical Settings: Ultra / High (no light shafts, dof, motion blur)
    Map specific if applicable: Not map specific.
    Situation specific if applicable (example: during artillery strikes): No specific situation.
    Security software: N/A
    Location specific if applicable (example: where in a map this happens): No specific place.

Game will run fine 100-200fps, then take a **** and go to 30-60 and be choppy.

Upvote 0
    Serpico_;n2293538 said:
    CPU: i7 3770K 3.7Ghz
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8 Gigs
    RAM: 16 Gigs DDR3 1666
    SSD: Samsung 512 Gigs

Graphical Settings: Everything on ultra, no motionblur, AA and vsync.
    Situation specific if applicable: Not a real one, when this happen i have to close the game and reboot it. I thought that it's my GPU or CPU but i can run GTA V or Squad for hours without problem with max settings, so i think that it's not related.
    Location specific if applicable: Everywhere, not always in the same place also and the same game.

General notes:
    Overall, FPS seems to max out at 100fps, dropping to 20 after a couple of games.

I tried to change the setting on low or mid or high insted of ultra, nothing changed.
    Also tried to play without sound, nothing changed.
    I have the same problem with headset and with speakers.

PS I want to attach 3 photos tooked 5 minutes ago in Hue map. I really can't play this game! is terrible and I have already bought the game!

http://imgur.com/a/MzvS3

Hi is always me. Released game same problem! Nothing changed!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    CPU: 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB of GDDR5 memory
    RAM: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    HDD: 1TB Fusion Drive
    Graphical Settings: High

Problem: The game has fps stuttering and hiccups that turn the game into a slideshow at points dropping down to single digit fps. Then it stops suddenly and the game is back to being butter smooth at 60+ FPS on high-ultra, then the stuttering starts back up again and the process repeats. I also experience weird color flickering/flashing of white, green, purple, black and blue randomly in the distance and such, as seen here by another player: https://www.reddit.com/r/rs2vietnam/comments/6ebilk/random_flashes_of_colors_like_this_fill_the/

Upvote 0
    Yverner;n2293364 said:
    Exact Hardware:
    CPU: Ryzen 1700 @3.7ghz
    RAM: 32gb DDR4
    GPU: GTX 1070

Graphical Settings: Everything on ultra with the exception of foliage and shadows (high). AA off. Vsync off.
    Situation specific if applicable: Smoke effects and artillery strikes most of the time. Foliage with lots of shadows is also the chief culprit.
    Location specific if applicable: Everywhere, particularly in heavily forested sections.

General notes:
    Overall, FPS seems to max out at 45fps, dipping often to 20-30.
    This is my first foray into the beta so I cannot give a comparison between this build's performance and earlier ones. I thought at first that poor performance may be indicative of instability with my OC, however I ran AIDA64 overnight (8hrs) and everything was fine.

I then suspected that it may have something to do with my GPU. On another screen I ran GPUZ while I played, and I found that the game was not taking full advantage of my GPU. Where my 1070 usually ramps up to 2000mhz in-game (factory OC, so instability is most likely not the culprit), it was only reaching 1007mhz. With the exception of loading to and from menus, or rare moments in game, the frequency seldom left this point. Occasionally it would hit 1435mhz, but only for a short while.

Like the user above, I'm finding that the game does not fully utilize my GPU as well. I'm assuming that the game also does not take advantage of more than a few CPU threads, however that does not seem like something which would be fixable by release.

My FPS is better than the last closed beta, when I posted this. However, I am still suffering drops and hitches that I should not be, considering my specs. Nvidia has yet to release a driver, and my gpu utilization is still sub-60% at all times.

Upvote 0
    I'm getting poor frame rates and stuttering on all maps, with some being worse than others, especially on Song Be and Cu Chi, dipping into the low 20s. Firefights and objectives with a large concentration of players also usually result in frame rate losses and intense stuttering for me.

I have tried changing graphical settings, but to no effect. The frame rates were the same on low settings and high settings.

I ran task manager, GPU-Z, and RealTemp 3.70 in the background during gameplay on a 64 player server. Subsequently, I found that GPU usage seemed to always hover around 30% to 40%, with it rarely going above 50%. The average CPU usage also hovered between 30% to 40%, rarely reaching 50%. However, looking at the individual thread usage, it seems that CPU0 is reaching its maximum; CPU2 & CPU4 are being used at 50%, while all of the other threads are at 20% or less usage. Conclusively, it seems that there is a CPU bottleneck occurring, which is causing the low frame rates. I'm unsure whether or not this is due to an engine limitation, but optimizing the game to use all cores equally should alleviate this issue and prevent the CPU0 bottleneck.

As for temperatures, both my CPU and GPU remained in a stable range, thus, no thermal throttling was occurring.

Screenshot of system monitoring: http://i.imgur.com/jIb9VGN.jpg

For now, I will proceed with overclocking my CPU and see if that will increase the processing power of CPU0 to reduce the bottleneck.

Hardware
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Corsair - Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    Security Software: Avast! Free Antivirus

Upvote 0
    Well I'm on a potato and I did participate in the beta it was running fine on low or medium no fps drops after the release it was running on 20fps I tweaked the config files which made the characters look like play dough figurines and made the gfx look worse than ro2/rs by today's standards and now I have about 40 or 50 fps but it drops often
    My specs are
    CPU:AMD athlon II X4 640
    GPU:Radeon hd 6870
    Memory:8gb

Upvote 0
    Exact Hardware:
    -CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50 Ghz (4 CPUs)
    -GPU: Nivida GTX 980 TI SC
    -RAM: 16 Gigs of DDR3
    -SSD: Corsair Force LX SSD (256 Gigs)
    Graphical Settings:
    All on low, except bloom and depth of field are on. Anti-Aliasing is off.
    Original had it on ultra everything and lag wasn't an issue. But tried low and still was an issue.
    Map specific if applicable: All of them
    Situation specific if applicable (example: during artillery strikes): No specific situation, happens overtime regardless.
    Security software: Malwarebytes, isn't active in the background.
    Location specific if applicable (example: where in a map this happens): No specific maps, happens on all of them regardless.

Problem:
    Lag happens usually after about 1 full match, into the second. The 1st match is fine - good frames, 60 FPPs, some hitching, but it was like that in the beta, I can still play. Then into the 2nd match, so about an hour or so in, the lag increases, dropping from around 60 to 20-40 FPS to where it becomes very hard to play. Restarting the game is the only way on fixing the issue. I heard its some sort of memory leak, I was trying to use the tool Yoshrio provided but I am clueless on how to use it properly as the videos on the page don't load for me and it seems its mainly for windows 8.1, would not know if it would work properly on Windows 10. Really enjoy the game in the previous beta waves, so strange I had issues on release. :(

Last edited:
    Upvote 0