• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A "stuck" spot on Cu Chi, and other buggy things.

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
On Cu Chi, at the very front of D there is a pit with a grey "sand pile" one can walk down to enter the pit (a bomb crater I assume) and some wooden pillars.

1. When standing just inside the pit, on the extreme right side of the sand slope, where I should have been able to set up a firing position, I got stuck and could not go to iron sights.

And although I would hip shoot and turn 360, I was unable to ever get free and had to kill myself.

Also, it makes no sense to me that one can walk down that slope into the pit but is not permitted to than walk back up it. It is only like a 7 foot drop or less.

2. I was also not able to mark artty with the binoculars by spotting trees in the distance.

People were saying I had to thread the needle between closer trees. But it was not like I was accidentally marking closer spots.

That did happen now and again. But mainly I simply wasn't permitted to mark ANYTHING when pointing at trees - for instance at the back of D on Cu Chi. The trees were clearly in front of F, but nothing I did would make a mark.

It was only when I could see the edge of the ground the tree was coming out of that it allowed me to use the tree as a marker. That is a MAJOR change from the earlier RO/RS marking.

3. I still found plenty of places where I would go prone on a floor or ledge, and then start to skate toward the edge, or start to jitter around if I was too close to a wall etc. even if I was parallel and not touching the wall itself.