• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random crashes when throwing smoke grenade.

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN;n2281586 said:
A few people have reported it. Does it also happen with the Vietnamese smoke, or only the American one? The main difference the two being the fuse - the US one detonates a second after you throw it, while still in midair, which sounds like it might be the trigger for your crash...

I can not say if it did or not for VC/NVA. i simply rarely used smoke and it always worked when I did. However, US side on HUE was using it all the time. And got 6 or 7 crashes. Also saw pointmn classes crash out a couple times throwing smoke on HUE. It is an odd and seemingly random crash. Attempted to throw smoke quickly and also one at time after smoke went off. Crashes when they occurred did not seem to care. When other players where also throwing smoke at same time is what I was trying to pay attention too at the end of beta. But can not say if that matters in the least.

I also had one frag nade crash in the same way. That is right after throwing nade and not far from player. But that happened only 1 time and who knows.

Upvote 0