• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unable to iron sight when out of combat zone

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
I was caught out of the battle field. I didnt get a count down timer but I was unable to go to iron sights.
Im not sure if it is a bug of a feature.
If its a bug, make it a feature because its a good idea and probably better than the count down timer.
Lets the player take their time to get back into the allowed battle and they cant cause too much trouble at the same time.
Thinking it would be ideal when there is a cap and the defenders are forced back.

It should be kept as a feature and an auto-kill timer should also be implemented. If the combat zone needs adjustments, these should be implemented, but the no-iron sight and timer have to stay.

Otherwise we'll get the same old crap we get in every shooter that fails to prevent griefing, with people exploiting map glitches and barriers holes to go to the enemy respawn area (by avoiding the combat area), to shoot everyone dead as soon as they spawn or exit the spawn.

That kind of immature behavior will happen no matter what (there is entire communities, with thousands of members, solely dedicated to that), but developers have to implement as much measures as they can to prevent it from happening, or to limits the consequences on the online experience of others. Loads of people moved away from RO2/RS because of that problem, it would be appropriate to improve the situation with RS2.

Upvote 0