• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS2 Campaign

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
I spotted on Discord that guys are working on a RS2 Campaign mode. Top stuff and I tip my hat to you and reckon it is a major winner for the game if some sort of campaign mode gets up and running. Something to consider, players care more about playing on the same team for a series of maps than they do about it being geographical in nature. I noticed this early on in the RO2 and RS campaigns after I modified the map orders significantly to get a better balance.

I am not sure what can be dont to sort out attack / defent differences between maps and that was the big problem with the RO2 Campaign that was never fixed. The most obvious would be to create map varients for maps but then also force varients on the teams based on if they were attack or defend.

Head's down, bum's up guys. Campaign mode for RS2 will be a ripper. Get in touch with me if you wanna chat more about ideas to get a better campaign mode. PS non technical me be.

Cat_in_da_Hat;n2313779 said:
I spotted on Discord that guys are working on a RS2 Campaign mode. Top stuff and I tip my hat to you and reckon it is a major winner for the game if some sort of campaign mode gets up and running. Something to consider, players care more about playing on the same team for a series of maps than they do about it being geographical in nature. I noticed this early on in the RO2 and RS campaigns after I modified the map orders significantly to get a better balance.

I am not sure what can be dont to sort out attack / defent differences between maps and that was the big problem with the RO2 Campaign that was never fixed. The most obvious would be to create map varients for maps but then also force varients on the teams based on if they were attack or defend.

Head's down, bum's up guys. Campaign mode for RS2 will be a ripper. Get in touch with me if you wanna chat more about ideas to get a better campaign mode. PS non technical me be.

Those guys would be me. I'm open to ideas, you can find me on discord. I can say it won't be done in time for the contest but it'll there eventually, from the looks of it I have to build some of it again from the ground up (Just the basic campaign functionality). I posted a survey on campaign ideas and themes here:
https://goo.gl/forms/S4aXGNNVLCsGhAAT2

Upvote 0