• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This Highway 14 map..

Thank you so much for the feedback! I realize that the map is very much unfinished in a bunch of different ways, but what you said is exactly what I had hoped to make it: a big open map with lots of labrynthine jungles in which tunnels and Heli's could have freedom to try different strategies. The terrain is actually made directly from imported satellite data from Kon Tum Province (although it is heavily obscured by the rocks and things I added,) so hopefully that is why it feels sort of realistic.

Reactions: Djembe
Upvote 0
I really love this map! Very realism experience...finally! I hate all Vanilla maps...too small with ZERO strategy, just run and gun!
Dense jungle + little city is very good. And no, don t cut any distance or cut map...just build lights plz:) (when new lights?)

Ps. put ur map on Steam Workshop

Gj!!!

Ps. Devs: we want more big map like this one and Dead and Buried!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tmac22;n2303585 said:
Ps. Devs: we want more big map like this one and Dead and Buried!

x2.

As much as I want that M113 working, a generic 5-ton either team could use would add a lot of options for map-making. People are getting better about building tunnels and learning to land the slicks though, so definitely don't shrink this one. Guy was just landing on the roof at Delta obj, it was like those pictures of the evacuation of Saigon or something - very cool.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Saigon-hubert-van-es.jpg

A tunnel system somewhere might be in order but it's not like it's missed.

Just played the v13.

The b-ball court is cool but it would be better if it had a hole in it somewhere. Getting caged in by chain link with all the explosives available is a drag. Climbing it somewhere, or even the entire thing, would be even better.

I really like the cliffs and rock formations on this map. If it looks like you can climb something you usually can, some of the rock slopes you can run right up them, such a nice change from getting hung up on ankle-high stuff.. Get that same consistency with the low walls & fencing in the city & you'll have something even the official maps don't. There are a few telephone poles near walls that'd make great ladders.

Did have one bug - there's a sort of 2-story pillbox around the center of F5 & I couldn't get up that ladder.

Only thing I could suggest is a little more battle damage spread around, makes it look more lived-in. Again, great map. Really nice work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can t play yesterday on PBS server.
After correct download map, crashed to desktop (closing game).
I tried 4-5 times but nothing...i reported a bug...hope quick fix, i love ur map!

Ps. really change game mode? Supremacy now? OMG no plz, come back to territory. SU really sux and ur map is very big, with SU mode it s hard to have a good and intensive fights.
In your map with SU mode, the risk is run on 90% of the time without fight ://
TE mode, firefight is much more focused despite the long distances on foot

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tmac22;n2304683 said:
Can t play yesterday on PBS server.
After correct download map, crashed to desktop (closing game).
I tried 4-5 times but nothing...i reported a bug...hope quick fix, i love ur map!

Ps. really change game mode? Supremacy now? OMG no plz, come back to territory. SU really sux and ur map is very big, with SU mode it s hard to have a good and intensive fights.
In your map with SU mode, the risk is run on 90% of the time without fight ://
TE mode, firefight is much more focused despite the long distances on foot

Was going to post this, but indeed i had the same thing.. can you check this? Some people have this crash and some dont

Upvote 0
Playing version B15 now, check your server maybe?

Two things:

1. Could really use a 2nd transport, helo or something new whenever other vehicles make it in. Right now our pilot is potato but it's hard to get ppl to role kick. I'm not even trying to take the role myself.

2. The way you can move down the waterfall at C objective is cool. Some frog ambient or something there would be awesome.

Upvote 0
AntleredCormorant;n2304936 said:
Playing version B15 now, check your server maybe?

Two things:

1. Could really use a 2nd transport, helo or something new whenever other vehicles make it in. Right now our pilot is potato but it's hard to get ppl to role kick. I'm not even trying to take the role myself.

2. The way you can move down the waterfall at C objective is cool. Some frog ambient or something there would be awesome.

where is version 15 and download link pls?

Upvote 0