• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AkAmbient sounds playing in tunnels

oakts

Jul 10, 2017
So I have a bunch of AkAmbient sounds in my map, as well as a tunnel system. My problem is that the player can hear the AkAmbient sounds while they're in the tunnels. All I want heard in the tunnels is the ambient reverb noise from the reverb volumes (ROReverbVolume) I have setup in them.

I have one giant reverb volume encapsulating the map, with the tunnel reverb volumes inside of it. I set the priority of the tunnel volumes to 1 and the large volume to 0.1, so presumably the tunnel volumes would override the big one.

Still, I can hear jungle noise while in the tunnels. The vanilla Jungle Camp map seems to have successfully quieted the akambient sounds when underground but I can't seem to figure out how they did it.

Any tips?

EDIT: Figured it out. You have to manually type in "Environment_State" in the state properties for every ROReverbVolume and either "Outdoor" or "Tunnel" below that depending on which environment the reverb is for.

Last edited:
Reactions: nymets1104