• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to get VNSP-ShootingRange.roe into a multiplayer server?

So I know this is a tutorial single player map but I was wondering if theirs anything special we would have to do to move to our Private Custom Server. For example, what mode do we put it in and how would the spawn points look like. I want to do shooting ranges with my fellow unit members (508th PIR). So I know nothing about modding or or adding custom maps to our server. I took look at the SDK and watch some Youtube videos but, to me, it's a lot to process. I also saw that they have a tutorial single player map called ART_ShootingRange.roe , that would be another great map to add to our Private Custom Server.

If any map/mod designers could modify VNSP-ShootingRange.roe and ART_ShootingRange.roe into multiplayer maps and post it in this forum that would be a great help.

Cpt. M. Libs [508th D.Co]-CO-

508th Parachute Infantry Regiment Dog Company

What would be clever is to try to put hit boxes on the targets so you could get a score. The closer targets worth 1 and then 2 and 3 and 4 points for the targets further to the back. Remove the ammo resupply point so players have a set number of bullets and put a timer on it and you have yourself a little game.

Upvote 0
You gotta turn it into a Territory map as right now its a singleplayer map. Anyone with some mapping experience can easily do it. (But than again, something that looks easy might be difficult.)

And the ART version is just where most of the assets are located, aka the static meshes like bunker parts, trees. etc...

Upvote 0
Yea I wanted to do some kind of Boot Camp training or just some kind of Coop Shooting Range. My idea was kind of like the tutorial mission in the first Call of Duty Modern Warfare but coop. But right now I just want to know if some map maker can make it into a multiplayer/coop map with buddies. Something to do in our Private servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ILoveCostcoPizza;n2299506 said:

Here is my attempt at it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...VdWRmppbU13NDA
or
https://mega.nz/#!DFd0iJJQ!n5w7k_pP0...RXz0xa0kC_2sU0

Lighting and Paths are not built, should not be an issue though. I haven't really cooked a map yet in all my time with the SDK, so this is a frail attempt at it. I launched it in game through the console using string VNTE-ShootingRange and it played as a custom map including my edits of the two road gates.

I don't have a server or know anything about adding maps to servers, so I don't know what ini modifiying or name changing you need to do to get custom maps reconized by webadmin. Some other threads already answer things like that. You should know this if you already have a server set up.

Let me know if it even works...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, if you would have looked at his name, he is part of a regiment, so he clearly wants to use the helicopter practice map to be used in game so his unit can practice on it. I actually already made this map into a MP version for my unit and it's pretty easy.

All you gotta do is go to World Properties - World Info, change Game Type to Supremacy, change the amount of reinforcements for both sides to a big amount to your own choice (under the North and South tab), change the time limit under ROMapInfo to like 6000 (for a hour) and rebuild Paths if needed and just brew the map and you should be done as long as you have not touched any assets on the map or you have to rebuild the light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sgt.NightFire;n2305458 said:
Well, if you would have looked at his name, he is part of a regiment, so he clearly wants to use the helicopter practice map to be used in game so his unit can practice on it. I actually already made this map into a MP version for my unit and it's pretty easy.

All you gotta do is go to World Properties - World Info, change Game Type to Supremacy, change the amount of reinforcements for both sides to a big amount to your own choice (under the North and South tab), change the time limit under ROMapInfo to like 6000 (for a hour) and rebuild Paths if needed and just brew the map and you should be done as long as you have not touched any assets on the map or you have to rebuild the light.

So you made the map into An Lao again and changed the time…………

Again. Why didn't you just use An Lao lol. It's the same. Just an early version of the map.

Upvote 0
Sgt.NightFire;n2305458 said:

I hesitated to his idea as well, why bother modifying the single player tutorial when you already have a full fledged supremacy map of it. In addition I botched the procedure when further modifying the AnLao map, I have no experience when it comes to multiple levels of a map and I couldn't keep my changes without screwing up the other packages. A hell of complication and crashes followed.

Upvote 0