• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VNTE-CambodianIncursion Feedback and Suggestions

Para941

Jun 16, 2017
Germany
Hello there,

I am working on a remake of the famous Battlefield Vietnam Map "Cambodian Incursion/Ho chi Minh Trail".
I didnt stay totally true to the original, it's more an interpretation on how that map could look like nowadays.
I stayed true to the keypoints of the original Map, so prepare for a battle in a dense forest, an temple, native villages and the shrine.

At the moment the Vietcong are defending against the US-Army( the way Ho-Chi-Minh-Trail worked out). The Cambodian Incursion will be added later.

The Map is currently in BETA(remember this in your feedback)

So as it seems to be a steam problem I have returned to ther versioned name sceme, also to prevent people subscribed to my project needing to download it twice.

Serveradmins I added a new SWS Item for you to use.

Known Issues
-outskirts have no jungle/staticmeshes
-Tunnels are cut off because their not finished yet
-Ballance Issues

Changelog

Beta Versions

B2

Spoiler!

Alpha Versions
Spoiler!

Pre-Alpha Version
Spoiler!

Downloads:
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...51241705 (B1, 13.07.2017)
Steam-Serveradmins: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974848881

OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5DAwt08u6joh6ZhTQRhGYJ0rmA (B1, 13.07.2017)
Onedrive-Folder(all versions): https://1drv.ms/f/s!As5DAwt08u6jogjFnhZcPk-QpAXv

Last edited:
Reactions: Djembe
Some feedback from playing:

I think you should remove foliage which can't be seen anyway, as it stands now I have 50~60 fps whereas I normally have around 130fps.
In spectator mode I noticed there are a lot of trees in the distance which can't be seen if you are on the ground anyway so If you remove those you will notice a performance gain and the file size will decrease too which is nice for redirect servers.

Aside from that nice work!

Upvote 0
Some feedback from the Aussie / NZ Good Gamers server.

" Cambodian map is great looks good feels good has a great set out and looks difficult only a few things would be nice some more cover in A as C is a fortress and looks over A fairly well. At least double the tickets as its a big map and will be a lot of fighting. Some more cover or objects in objectives except for C because at the moment they look empty and pretty plain."

Upvote 0
Zerovv;n2298322 said:
Some feedback from playing:

I think you should remove foliage which can't be seen anyway, as it stands now I have 50~60 fps whereas I normally have around 130fps.
In spectator mode I noticed there are a lot of trees in the distance which can't be seen if you are on the ground anyway so If you remove those you will notice a performance gain and the file size will decrease too which is nice for redirect servers.

Aside from that nice work!

So the filesize has already been decreased to 115mb now(pa3). The outskirts will be part of one of the upcoming prealpha's(the meshes were there because i thought about adding a Loach or two to the map)

Cat_in_da_Hat;n2298420 said:
Some feedback from the Aussie / NZ Good Gamers server.

" Cambodian map is great looks good feels good has a great set out and looks difficult only a few things would be nice some more cover in A as C is a fortress and looks over A fairly well. At least double the tickets as its a big map and will be a lot of fighting. Some more cover or objects in objectives except for C because at the moment they look empty and pretty plain."

Neither of the Objects are finilized yet. There will be a lot more cover. It's a prealpha (so dont expect to much just now). Tickets upped to 500 on all playercounts. I will look into them later. Atm I am just more or less fixing the critical issues.

But just to show whats already planned:
-further improve the jungle in the playarea
-Add more Cover/objects to the objectives
-Add Objectiv Foxtrot
-Different Mapversion where the Americans are defending ( the Real Cambodian Incursion)
-Tunnelsystem incl. tunnel volumes(so the us can only use sidearms in them) and hidden exits
-VC Vehicle wrecks
-reskin the statues in front of D/InnerTemple entrance
-and much more to come

Upvote 0
Hi Guys
Need your help getting this map on our server

I have the following but cannot get the map to load....it just reverts back to a stock map

[VNTE-CambodianIncursion ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=VNTE-CambodianIncursion
FriendlyName=CambodianIncursion
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:VN_UI_Textures.MapPreviews.UI_MapPreview_CuChi>
Description=To Be Completed
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Community
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly
Author=Antimatter Games

Where am I going wrong?