• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sdk-faq

BOH-rekrut;n2299413 said:
Spoiler!

Was that helpful or do you want to know more

Is it possible to convert things like this into static mesh? And yes you are correct, only Compound has this, all other maps that have buildings are static meshes inside of each other.

Upvote 0
nymets1104;n2299415 said:
Looks like you may have BSP volumes disabled in your overhead view. Hit Q to toggle them off and on. To delete one, click it in the wireframe view, Hit DELETE and then rebuild geometry, blue cube top and center of the SDK window.

In overhead view with wireframe view, Q will toggle them visible. Wireframe also allowed me to delete it after rebuilding geometry as you said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2299416 said:
Is it possible to convert things like this into static mesh? And yes you are correct, only Compound has this, all other maps that have buildings are static meshes inside of each other.

select the BRUSH and rightklick --> convert to ---> static mesh ( but its not very good, it has no collision , its ok for a simple wall but a mess with an building )

Upvote 0
What are the methods of placing meshes with perfect alignment to the terrain surface? I am trying to place meshes of ferns, tall grass, and trees in various areas without having to manually align/rotate every one of them.

First thing I know is that END key drops the object until it's bounding box collides with something, but in this case I still get many objects hovering above the surface.
Spoiler!

I tried to use the transform and pivot options but I still just get the same floating objects that the END key gives me. It does pivot it to a better angle but I still get floating.
Spoiler!

I also know about deco layer, some vanilla maps have a deco layer (CuChi), but it does not seem to be used in the same manner I know about. I don't even know if using these is a proper thing to use for what I want.
Spoiler!

What I want to know is how did the level designers place this grass, was it manually placed or some easier snap to surface function. I know it is not part of the terrain.
Spoiler!

I already made use of foliage layer on my grass texture layer, I just don't know if there is alternative to placing it in specific areas or just using deco layer.

I've read online about some Static Mesh Mode tool, but I can't find it in this SDK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kaleun, for lineng up static meshes what i do is click on one of the view ports that is locked in a specific camera view (with the mesh you are moving selected) and use the arrow keys to adjust it while using the free look view port (I'm sure that's not what its called but i think people know what i mean) to see what your doing, after playing around with it you'll have it lined up.

Upvote 0
Yes, I know how to put two static meshes together, I've done this with tunnels and trenches. I don't see how using the view ports is useful when placing objects on terrain though. I have a large land area to cover en masse with different types of foliage, many hills and valleys make parts of these meshes stick up into the air.
5SfwaAo.png

I'm still just seeing deco layers as my only option at this point...

Upvote 0
If you're hearing akambient sounds where you don't want to in your ROReverbVolume, make sure you have the State Settings filled out for the volume. I think the "State Group Name" box is always "Environment_State" and the "State Name" box will be something like "Outside" (usually for the encapsulating reverb volume for the map) or "Hut", "Tunnel", etc.

I think you just have to refer to vanilla maps on what the State Name can be because you have to type it in yourself and I don't know where those settings come from.

Reactions: nymets1104
Upvote 0
Hi All,

I'm having trouble cooking the map once everything has been built.

I've almost completed a Territories map for rising storm 2, I've tried cooking the map however it does not save out to published folder and only takes 46 seconds. In nymets example vid on steam it shows the folder directory it saves the published file to. I am not getting this when it cooks in the cmd log. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or a method to publish it better.

Also do you have any knowledge on adding the underwater blue volume for rivers if you go under the water?

I'm really itching to get my map live for testing and I'm being held back by not being able to publish it.

To make a game live how do you add it to steam workshop?

I'd really appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks,
SSDC

Upvote 0
SDCC;n2301919 said:
Hi All,

I'm having trouble cooking the map once everything has been built.

I've almost completed a Territories map for rising storm 2, I've tried cooking the map however it does not save out to published folder and only takes 46 seconds. In nymets example vid on steam it shows the folder directory it saves the published file to. I am not getting this when it cooks in the cmd log. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or a method to publish it better.

Also do you have any knowledge on adding the underwater blue volume for rivers if you go under the water?

I'm really itching to get my map live for testing and I'm being held back by not being able to publish it.

To make a game live how do you add it to steam workshop?

I'd really appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks,
SSDC

for cooking a map and Publishing on SWS run SDKFrontend. it located in RS2/Binaries . it should be self explained

and for underwater blue : use a Highfog actor

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, I've sorted the problem and the map is almost complete.

I'm having an issue with the VC arty strikes landing below the terrain layer but landing on a water plane surface underneath. Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any ideas how to amend it?

The US Arty napalm and spook work perfectly, so I am confused why it is just effecting the VC.

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
SDCC

Upvote 0
SDCC;n2302027 said:
Thanks for the reply, I've sorted the problem and the map is almost complete.

I'm having an issue with the VC arty strikes landing below the terrain layer but landing on a water plane surface underneath. Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any ideas how to amend it?

The US Arty napalm and spook work perfectly, so I am confused why it is just effecting the VC.

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
SDCC

May be related to your ROMapBounds Position and height

Upvote 0
Hi nymets,

I just tried adding arty to the VC side on your demo map.
I also lowered the background terrain and was finding the arty lands below the main terrain layer.

I tried adjusting the map boundaries but it still occurs. Is it something to do with the VC arty always trying to hit the lowest terrain level? Or is the main terrain level not blocking the arty strikes?

I'm still unable to stop the VC arty on my map from hitting below the main terrain layer. Any help would be great.

Upvote 0