• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Issues I wonder where they stand?

davew41

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 2, 2018
Seems the devs are working on new features and maps and all kinds of gumbo for the players, but the server admins are what keep the game going..
I have read this forum for a few days as I have just put up a server last week,
currently the server is ranked within the top 20.

I would like 3 things to work for me at this time which seem to have been a dead subject here since last june??

1 when can we get the members reserved slots to work? or what is exactly the status of this?

2 how/ can you force auto assign only ? because now the server balance is messed up, 4 people will join one side as there is 1 person on the other and the balance on death does not always work, this also means the side with 1 player has to go kill 2 of the other side for them to be balanced? OR do I have a setting wrong?

3 Each server needs seeders before a player will join, so as server admins we have idlers or seeders that idle in the server to get it kicked off to play.. as people join. we had a script in battlefield 4 where we could boot the seeders/ idlers when the server count reached a certain player number. so example if 4 were spectating and all of a sudden the server got to 14 players the 4 longest idlers got the boot, of course they can rejoin at anytime and it was not a session ban or anything..

I'd like to finally see a dev team that seemed to care about admins as well, not just the players,, you can make all the fancy maps you want and add all kinds of vehicles and gadgets but without back end support for the admins, you'll have a lower server base to play on, I hope we can get some answers and a simple timeline on some issues here posted as well as from others but this place seems pretty DEAD since the summer... Not a good sign..

Right on with Omano, there are extensive settings that you can use to deal with those issues. If you discover something, feel free to post it so others in the future can learn as there are few tools out there to educate users about the details of webadmin for RS2. Likewise, this game being so similar to RO2/RS you can pull information from this wiki: http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/RO2_Dedicated_Server

You could check out their webadmin section for RS2 but good luck getting any info. http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=RS2_WebAdmin

As far as seeding to get people to join, bots were a thing back in RO2/RS. Made life more enjoyable for those that didn't just want to sit around and do nothing. However some complained that people could bot farm to unlock the upgrades to weapons in that horrible system they implemented. Because of that, the community got real angsty against bots despite bots not really being the issue and their obvious uses of filling a server.

Upvote 0
Reserved slots works as it should. I thought there was a bug when it wouldnt let me add more than 130 people to the res slot list. Currently have 159.
These are the setting that seem to work for me. Admins have no issue getting in.

Broadcast Welcome Members = enabled
Reserve slots for members = enabled
Admins supersede normal members = disabled (this probably only takes effect if the server ever gets full of members, which is has not for me so far)
Members may always spectate = enabled
Idle time threshold = 30
Ping threshold = 0
Max Members = 0 (dont ask me why but that's how it is)
Auto sign in admins = disabled
Restrict admin login to members only = disabled
Ping limit modifer = 1
Debug level = 0

Have not experienced any problems with team number balance. Not even sure if there is team swapping to even teams up if a bunch of players from one side leave during a match, maybe it does. It certainly wont let more players join a team that is stacked.

As for bots, have never been a fan, even for getting a server going. Develop a community through steam or build a site like the one i have www.aussienzgg.com.au and put the hard yards in building up a following. Get good admins, put on good custom maps and mods and listen to your players. Set up a steam group and ping out a event announcement during peak times.

Upvote 0